Anybody Else Having Probelms With This Forum ?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anybody Else Having Probelms With This Forum ??

It slowed up late last night for me, seems to be alright now.

edit: I do have one other problem with the site, every once in a while I get a "malicious URL blocked" warning from Avast when I navigate the site. I believe it's from the banners, not sure.

It's okay now. I bet they were working on the formatting problems some of us were having.

the thickburger thread was under heavy load and blew up one of the servers

Everything is very slow today & I am also getting some error messages ralting to add-ons. I am running W7 w IE8.

Yep, same here....on all 3 forums, and its been going on for quite a while. Am using Vista Home Premium with IE9 which gives me an error message, then IE9 shuts down and re-loads the page. In trouble-shooting this problem, windows says it's because of add-ons, but I don't know which add-ons. Am afraid to start randomly disabling add-ons because it might screw-up a bunch of other important stuff. Really frustrating.

Damn ... its been great this AM until now .. starting allover again :bang:

Everything is very slow today & I am also getting some error messages ralting to add-ons. I am running W7 w IE8.
still pretty slow for me too.

one thing i have noticed if anyone cares, is that if your computer updates java (which it should) there are prompts through java to include an ask.com toolbar. this has basically sunk my internet intermittently. you have to physically go in an uninstall this pos.

It slowed up late last night for me, seems to be alright now.

edit: I do have one other problem with the site, every once in a while I get a "malicious URL blocked" warning from Avast when I navigate the site. I believe it's from the banners, not sure.
I think the ad banners are causing the loading problem too.

One thing I have learned in the past few days having had to get rid of some nasty rootkit viruses is that if you have more than one AV on at once they can actually conflict and cause others to let viruses through. I found Avast gave me quite a few problems on startup with their bootscans. I ditched it. Now just use malwarebytes for malware and security essentials for AV. you might have to turn an AV off...

I think the ad banners are causing the loading problem too.

One thing I have learned in the past few days having had to get rid of some nasty rootkit viruses is that if you have more than one AV on at once they can actually conflict and cause others to let viruses through. I found Avast gave me quite a few problems on startup with their bootscans. I ditched it. Now just use malwarebytes for malware and security essentials for AV. you might have to turn an AV off...

Try Avira. Have used it for over two years and wouldn't use anything else at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom