Anybody pick Syracuse to win it all? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anybody pick Syracuse to win it all?

I admit I have us bowing out in the Sweet 16. We are just too Jekyl and Hyde.

Also, personally, I just can't see UConn or Kentucky losing a single game in this year's tournament.

I find myself rationalizing that outcome every year when I fill out brackets. :cool:

Nope - brackets aren't personal, they're strictly business. I believe Indiana is the best team the country and will ultimately cut the nets down.

Did I just pay $350 for a pair of Sweet 16 tickets on Stubhub to hopefully watch us prevent them from doing so? Damn right.

I put $150 on Kansas last year in late Dec. Almost happened!

Nope - brackets aren't personal, they're strictly business. I believe Indiana is the best team the country and will ultimately cut the nets down.

Did I just pay $350 for a pair of Sweet 16 tickets on Stubhub to hopefully watch us prevent them from doing so? Damn right.

Yep. I treat them the same and try to win money. Gotta make logical picks as much as possible. SO hard this year.

I have decided not to do a bracket this year. I have done the ESPN one for about the last 5 years. I start out very strong. Usually in the 99% in the first rounds. Last year I made the front page (top 50, I think). Then I flame out after the sweet 16 or elite 8. I am just good usually at picking the early upsets. The first year I did finish in the top 2%. I usually do one with Syracuse going all the way, and then a less from the heart one. How can I not. And that is why I am not doing one this year. I have decided that since I started doing it after 2003, we have not gone to the final four. I want to just watch this year. Maybe I have been jinxing us.

Indiana has lost 12 times in a row to Wisconsin. How the hell does that happen?

I always put is through the elite 8 or final 4 before having us lose .. or win.

Still there or you move?

Yeah, I moved. LOL, I moved in with my Mom!! (She's 93, an ex-prof at UofL and doing well but needed help. Since I'm a writer, I was mobile enough to do it.) I'm in Louisville now.

Indiana has lost 12 times in a row to Wisconsin. How the hell does that happen?

It's definitely an odd streak but some teams just own you. Don't forget IU was mostly pretty crappy the past five years or so. How many times in a row did we lose to Pitt? It's all cyclical like Boeheim says. Wisconsin has been very good.

Yeah, I moved. LOL, I moved in with my Mom!! (She's 93, an ex-prof at UofL and doing well but needed help. Since I'm a writer, I was mobile enough to do it.) I'm in Louisville now.

Re- Reno. We may have some common friends. I coached girl's softball a bit and ran a landscape company for 8 years. I played 200 games a year of rec league and tourney softball - slow pitch. I was connected with Reno Cycles and Gear.

I find myself rationalizing that outcome every year when I fill out brackets. :cool:
Every year. It's not that I'm stupid. I honestly believe that all the pieces will come together. If we play the way we did against Georgetown the third time. We can't lose.

Re- Reno. We may have some common friends. I coached girl's softball a bit and ran a landscape company for 8 years. I played 200 games a year of rec league and tourney softball - slow pitch. I was connected with Reno Cycles and Gear.

Nice, I have been based there since 2008 but have to leave pretty often for work and I come back to the east coast a lot. Don't know that many people. Worked at Damonte Ranch HS and coached soccer for a couple years when I first got to Reno. Haha never played softball out there just soccer, golf, and skiing.

Nice, I have been based there since 2008 but have to leave pretty often for work and I come back to the east coast a lot. Don't know that many people. Worked at Damonte Ranch HS and coached soccer for a couple years when I first got to Reno. Haha never played softball out there just soccer, golf, and skiing.

Too cool. My ex is still there, lol. She runs a dog grooming bizz over by Sam's Club. She's good at it. Damonte Ranch is a gorgeous school.

I will never put us in the final four because if they make it it's worth the $100 I've lost on the pools. If they don't make it, at least my sheets may still be alive!

The biggest problem Indiana has is their coach, have never been impressed with him you don't get to a final four with Wade, and get run out of the gym.

I'm playing three brackets. One to win it all, one to get bounced in the second round, one to lose either sweet 16 or elite 8.. It's a relatively cheap pool to enter.

My final four Louisville, Ohio State, Florida, Syracuse, Louisville-Syracuse, Syracuse wins, I'm always wrong.

I'm playing three brackets. One to win it all, one to get bounced in the second round, one to lose either sweet 16 or elite 8.. It's a relatively cheap pool to enter.
Exact same for me. I'm in my dads office pool with a bunch of UConn fans (about 300 total brackets each year), so I have to us winning in at least one, it automatically puts me in the money because rarely do people pick Syracuse to win it all.

During the 2011 NCAA tournament. This girl who was in our bracket loved dogs so she put Butler and Uconn in the championship game because she thought they were both really cute dogs. I called her an idiot, I hate some serious crow that year.

I want to pick Syracuse to win it all and I have the past 3 years. I also picked them in 2003 as a student, one of my proudest moments. However, I do have one golden rule when it comes to the bracket... I refuse, under ANY circumstances to pick Duke to win it all. Never. They could have a roster of Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard and I would pick them to lose early, it's just how it has to be.

I pick them to win it every bracket, every year. Started this in 2003 (won this bracket, a cool $600). I just can't change this now.

I fear that I overdrew my rationalization account jut putting them into the 2nd weekend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom