Anybody pick Syracuse to win it all? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody pick Syracuse to win it all?

I always pick Syracuse in free contests. In paid ones, I usually try to do it without bias.

I didn't this year. I find that in years I overvalue them they fall short, but in years I undervalue them they go far. I'm hoping that undervaluing them will mean they continue playing long into the spring.

I usually fill out two brackets; one without bias and one with Syracuse winning it all. I put my money on the one with us as National Champs because the first and only time I ever won my father's office pool, I picked us to go all the way (2003 obviously). $200 for an 8th grader is a fortune.

I always have them going further than they probably will (final 4 this year). My thought is I don't want to have to root against my bracket.

I picked them to win the whole thing in 2003 and won like $500 because I won the pool. That made it double sweet.

I did not. I did in 2010 and 2012.

I too have only picked us to win it all in certain years. In fact, the only years I haven't picked us to win it all are 1981,82,93,97,2002,07, and 08. Lost a fair amount of money thru the years, but '03 was quite lucrative.

Girl on my freshmen floor in 2003 won (or came top 5) the ESPN pool. She went to Syracuse was from Kansas. Her dad went to Texas and her twin brother was at Marquette at the time. Slum Dog Millionaire of the NCAA Tournament.

I noticed a lot of Louisville fans on their board saying they have us in Final Four and/or championship game.

My bracket looks weird without Syracuse in the box in the middle.

Happy to donate money to pools as long as I can still dream like a kid.

A brand new season begins Thursday.

I noticed a lot of Louisville fans on their board saying they have us in Final Four and/or championship game.
That would be awesome. For 80 minutes of our games against them it's been an absolute street fight. The other 40 I don't know what the hell that was. Why not have a 4th game?

Hell, I have them going all the way even in years they don't make the field.

LOL, you too?

I have Louisville and Cuse playing for it all in one bracket. I have you in the Final Four in 2 of my 4 brackets. I seriously believe in you guys and have all year.

I didn't this year. I find that in years I overvalue them they fall short, but in years I undervalue them they go far. I'm hoping that undervaluing them will mean they continue playing long into the spring.

Yeah, I hope they're playing long into the spring as well...like to Memorial Day...oh, wrong sport, that's lax. ;) Okay, I'd settle for two weeks or so into the spring! :)

Have rematches with Temple, Marquette, Georgetown, and Louisville en route to the NC.

I don't bracket ever distracts me from my. But I will put 2-3 bills on us to win the whole thing when I get home to Northern NV tonight/tomorrow.

I don't bracket ever distracts me from my. But I will put 2-3 bills on us to win the whole thing when I get home to Northern NV tonight/tomorrow.

I lived in Reno for 19 years. Big Wolf Pack fan and whatnot.:)

in 1 bracket i have cuse/louisville national championship(havent picked winner yet),another 1 i have louisville/indiana and my final 1 i have an all acc final of duke/miami and in none of my brackets do i have gonzaga making final 4

That would make sense. I've been trying to rationalize our team's position after that melt down. We've played the #1 overall seed in the tourney 3 times. First time we beat them on their home floor. Second time we were tied after 39 minutes. Then they made a 3, we missed one. Ballgame. Third time we were up 16 after 24 minutes, playing our 4th game in 4 days.

Put all that together, and it wouldn't surprise me that Louisville fans think we can make the Final 4. Maybe we should all be thinking that. Just need to play our game for 40 minutes against Indiana. But first we obviously need to get there.

I find myself rationalizing that outcome every year when I fill out brackets. :cool:

How can anyone rationalize that thought beyond hope and MORE HOPE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom