Anybody rooting for Georgetown today think again | Syracusefan.com

Anybody rooting for Georgetown today think again

20plus

2nd String
In our best case scenario if we are one of the last 5-8 teams in the field on the at-large line with and have bye...

And then ONE of the last 4 in, gets bumped out of the field by a bid stealer, the 5th to last in gets bumped into the play-in game!

So we don't want that! Even if Georgetown gets to a quad two and improves our metrics it could still push us down to where we don’t want to be!

Last edited:
In our best case scenario if we are one of the last 5-8 teams in the field on the at-large line with and have bye...

And then ONE of the last 4 in, gets bumped out of the field by a bid stealer, the 5th to last in gets bumped into the play-in game!

So we don't want that! Even if Georgetown gets to a quad two and improves our metrics it could still push us down to where we don’t want to be!

wut? That won’t happen. Unless you’re saying the bid stealer would get seeded higher than us.

wut? That won’t happen. Unless you’re saying the bid stealer would get seeded higher than us.
Even if Georgetown makes the field and gets a 13 seed

they are still knocking the last team in (of the last four in) —-out!

So anyway you look at it the last team in is then out and that means everybody moves down a notch. I mean who else is going to take that vacated spot by the last team in getting bumped out of the field.

It doesn’t have to be the bid stealer themselves to shift the lineup regardless.

We are about three or four spots above the last one in. It is quite safe. I said let Georgetown in and bump someone else. It benefits us for improving our resume and can get us last four bye status.

Even if Georgetown makes the field and gets a 13 seed

they are still taking one of the last four in —-out!

anyway you look at it the last team in is then out and that means everybody moves down a notch

I mean who’s going to take that spot it ??

It doesn’t have to be the bid stealer themselves to shift the lineup regardless.

the only teams that would move down 1 spot are the ones placed below gtown. Not above.

We are about three or four spots above the last one in. It is quite safe. I said let Georgetown in and bump someone else. It benefits us for improving our resume and can get us last four bye status.
Nobody knows where we stand except the committee, root for the Hoyas to get blow out

If that projection is off by a touch and we go from not having to worry about the play in game to being bumped into the play in game your theory is flawed! I could not disagree more!

the only teams that would move down 1 spot are the ones placed below gtown. Not above.
I don’t know what you are saying.

I’m saying is the last team in is then out .

Then everybody
  • the second to last team and becomes last
  • the third becomes second
  • the fourth becomes third
  • and the fifth becomes the fourth

• sometimes that is a lot of movement and the committee use to be able to just plug them in place of the last team in. Now with the play in game they can’t do that.

I don’t know what you are saying.

I’m saying is the last team in is then out .

Then everybody
  • the second to last team and becomes last
  • the third becomes second
  • the fourth becomes third
  • and the fifth becomes the fourth

• sometimes that is a lot of movement and the committee used to be able to just plug them in place of the last team in. Now with the play in game they can’t do that.
I hope that they get beat by 9

Can you answer the question a different way to help me understand what you’re possibly saying?...,

If a bid stealer knocks one of the last four teams out of the tournament, who do you think gets added into the play in game in their place ?

Can you Answer the question a different way to help me understand what you’re possibly saying?

If a bid stealer knocks one of the last four teams out of the tournament, who do you think gets added into the play in game?

nevermind. You could be right. Gtown wouldn’t be one of the 4 lowest auto qualifiers so I don’t think they can play in the first 4.

There are a lot of flaws with this -- please read the posts by 20plus again very carefully as he is 100% correct. There are 2 separate issues with Georgetown winning, and both are negative: 1) if a few bid stealers win (for example Georgetown, Oregon St, Cincy) there is a very good chance we don't make it in to the Dance, 2) even if we do make it in, if Georgetown wins, there is one less "at large team", so 1 team of the 4 byes would drop into the "last 4 in" and have to play an extra game. So if that could be us as some have us right by the dividing line (Lunardi has us the last "bye").

Last edited:
nevermind. You could be right. Gtown wouldn’t be one of the 4 lowest auto qualifiers so I don’t think they can play in the first 4.
Yeah it is weird to think through it at first. It goes to shows why before the play in game we know that sometimes they put the bid stealer in a seed line they didn’t necessarily belonging

with the game being today im sure the committee would seed georgetown accordingly as a 12 or 13 if they win pushing the play in cut off up 1 spot

If Creighton was below us, it wouldn't matter. They are above us, therefore Creighton essentially bumps everyone down because they'll get an at large instead of an autobid.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I 100% agree with the point you are making, that Georgetown stealing a bid is very bad for us.

But the way you phrased it made me literally laugh out loud because I've never needed to be reminded of anything less in my life than to stop rooting for Georgetown. It's like having someone remind you to start breathing. Its part of our DNA, we don't know any other way to be.

What are other things that people in an SU chat room don't need to be reminded to do?

Anybody rooting for the ACC network to play more Bojangles ads think again, they don't even have those restaurants in Syracuse.

Anybody rooting for SU to wear those ugly orange tops blue shorts alternate jerseys think again, we always lose when we wear them.

Anybody rooting for SU to rehire Greg Robinson as the football coach think again, he had a terrible record the first time he was here.

He actually has us one spot above that now. We are in his "Last 4 byes" category.
And there ya go folks, the perfect reason why NOT to root for Georgetown. If the Hoyas win, we drop from a "bye" to having to play the "play-in" game. Not easy to win 7 consecutive games in the Dance....

Great to see Joe finally saw the light on Louisville -- many of us mentioned that in a different thread earlier in the week -- I recall posting their schedule as they only had beaten 2 tourney teams. I think people figured out that the only reason they were high to begin with is because of the wins over Duke earlier in the season (when people thought Duke was good). They are finally adjusting now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom