Anybody rooting for Georgetown today think again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anybody rooting for Georgetown today think again

We have no real way of knowing if we are last team in or not, got to
Root against Georgetown. That being said if we are not last team in and Georgetown wins, that could help our profile.

And there ya go folks, the perfect reason why NOT to root for Georgetown. If the Hoyas win, we drop from a "bye" to having to play the "play-in" game. Not easy to win 7 consecutive games in the Dance...

Great to see Joe finally saw the light on Louisville -- many of us mentioned that in a different thread earlier in the week -- I recall posting their schedule as they only had beaten 2 tourney teams. I think people figured out that the only reason they were high to begin with is because of the wins over Duke earlier in the season (when people thought Duke was good). They are finally adjusting now.
It's kind of a win/win situation. If G'town wins, our win over them likely moves from a Q3 to a Q2 (I believe we are in, but this might help with seeding). If they lose, they're still a Q3 and we don't have to worry about them stealing a (our?) bid. Also, if they lose, GEORGETOWN LOST.

Of course, we all know what time it is... ;)

Even when I bet Georgetown (not touching that game), I still root against them.

ECEEFC55-5B1F-4F70-B805-C1D8957A0CD5.gif

In our best case scenario if we are one of the last 5-8 teams in the field on the at-large line with and have bye...

And then ONE of the last 4 in, gets bumped out of the field by a bid stealer, the 5th to last in gets bumped into the play-in game!

So we don't want that! Even if Georgetown gets to a quad two and improves our metrics it could still push us down to where we don’t want to be!
Who the duck would be rooting for Georgeclown on this board????

If that projection is off by a touch and we go from not having to worry about the play in game to being bumped into the play in game your theory is flawed! I could not disagree more!
I still don't think it would be us. It's listed as us, but we have 7 losses tier 1. Some of these other teams have like 2 with 8 losses. Think the committee will consider that. Smoke and mirrors.

i dont understand why anyone would root for the hoyas. nobody knows if we are safely in right now. i dont want any bid stealers. after 2007 im never gonna take anything for granted.

2007. Should be noted that in 2007 Rautins,Devendorf, and Nichols rained about 500 3s on Georgetown at the Dome.

2007. Should be noted that in 2007 Rautins,Devendorf, and Nichols rained about 500 3s on Georgetown at the Dome.

That was a fun game to watch in person. We dominated.

I gotta say it’s funny watching big east fans root so hard for GTown so they can “steal a bid” and get their 4th team in...

life as a mid major
1st Georgetown was laying an egg. Now Creighton is laying an egg. It's painful to watch.

I gotta say it’s funny watching big east fans root so hard for GTown so they can “steal a bid” and get their 4th team in...

life as a mid major
NCAA Tournament units!

Had a GTown acquaintance back then. Would text him “Devendorf/Rautins/Nichols just hit another 3” for weeks after that game.

That team could have went a long ways in the dance with the shooting we had. Sucked they never got the opportunity. Devendorf and Rautins talked about that the other day.

That team could have went a long ways in the dance with the shooting we had. Sucked they never got the opportunity. Devendorf and Rautins talked about that the other day.
Yes but it made Gottlieb giddy when we got hosed, and isn’t he all that matters?

Can’t wait to listen to that podcast. Feels like Rautins hasn’t been around. Looking forward to hearing his thoughts. Agreed on that 07 team. Could’ve made a nice run.

I was at that Wichita St. game early on. If DNic(our best player) makes that layup, we’re dancing and make run.

Not a season I think about much, but I feel like once we moved Devo to PG and Harris to 2G, we were especially tough. Wright had his moments, but didn’t quite get it done as the starting PG, as much as I rooted for him.

I wouldn’t root for Georgetown or UCONN under any circumstances. And (per Marsh).

If you never saw a live Big East game or or were in elementary school when we last played in the BE, this doesn’t have to apply to you. :)

44cuse

Googled it and saw that we went 9-21 from 3. Looking at the highlights, it looks like a lot of our 3’s came late, which is probably why I remember it as us bombing them out of the Dome with 3s. What a different game though. 9-21 was a big deal then, but now it’s nothing.

"Anybody rooting for Georgetown today think again"​

stop it and ask yourself "what would andre hawkins do ?"

Last edited:
Hoyas looking like mid 80’s Gtown.Could you imagine us being first team out because of this?Oh the hate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom