Anyone else feel better about coleman over noel now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel better about coleman over noel now?

1. Conrad McRae, as I recall, was not getting 9 boards and 3 blocks in his 1st game

2. Noel will play roughly 30 minutes a game for 35 or so games. So while he may look like Fab or Rak in his 1st game (remember their 9 reb, 3 blk debuts?), his on court experience come March will be about 6-10 x greater than the latter.

Hating is fun, but being stupid is just being stupid.
BBN baby!!!!

I would rather have Cauley-Stein. He didn't have the hype that NN had but outplayed him on both ends.

would be a disservice to himself to leave college... in the nba he could bust... if he takes time to develop... he will be better served.

You concluded all that after one game?

would be a disservice to himself to leave college... in the nba he could bust... if he takes time to develop... he will be better served.

How did you get a time machine in 1987?

When I met my girlfriend in the summer of '09, she was going into her senior year at cuse and had not had seasons bball tickets since her freshman year. I got her to find a guy friend that didn't like basketball to get seasons tickets for me so we went to every game in the '09-'10 season. Ever since, I've been relentlessly trying to make her into a superfan...

Then watching the UK game last night, Noel was on the screen and I started explaining to her who he was and she was offended that I thought she didn't know. It was one of my most proud moments. Probably kind of TMI, but I was very excited at the culmination of years of work and needed to tell someone.

I would guess he has more of an Andre Drummond type season. Will have some games where he gets 15-20 points on put backs and dunks then has 10 rebs and a few blocks. THen he will have nights where he gets 4 points and 5 boards and fouls out. Of course its just a guess.

His advantage over Fab and Rak is Noel will play 25-30 min a game.

So we don't make it past December 21?
have you seen the show revolution? its like that.. but instead of electricity David Stern turns off the NBA... and it wont ever turn back on... thusly, noel busts

1. Conrad McRae, as I recall, was not getting 9 boards and 3 blocks in his 1st game

2. Noel will play roughly 30 minutes a game for 35 or so games. So while he may look like Fab or Rak in his 1st game (remember their 9 reb, 3 blk debuts?), his on court experience come March will be about 6-10 x greater than the latter.

Hating is fun, but being stupid is just being stupid.

Well, you know what I would classify as stupid? Equating Noel's playing time opportunity as a freshman to Conrad McCrae's.

Conrad only had to beat out the following players to see the court his freshman year;

Sr. Derrick Coleman
Jr. LeRon Ellis
So: Richard Manning

That team also had Owens and Stevie Thompson.

There were just tons of minutes to be had for a freshman center who had no offensive game.

Cal has to play Noel because he's only going to have him for one year and has almost no returning center experience because the college basketball landscape has changed. But bottom line from a skills perspective, Noel and McRae are at just about the same skill levels as college freshmen. Noel certainly has more upside and might be a little better shot blocker right now.

If you think Noel gets more than buttock splinters on that 89-90 SU team, you are nuts.

I was a freshman at SU in 1989-1990. I forgot that Stevie Thompson was there. In my mind he had graduated in 1989. Shame on me. Then I remembered that game against Minny in the tourney when the Gophers knocked us off. For some reason I had erased his whole season from my memory bank.

Cauley-Stein looked better then Noel. Either way, that combo will do very well for UK.

That said, I'll take DC and Rak any day!

I posted way back when that I preferred getting DCII to NN if we could not get both. I feel very confident that DCII will end up being the better collegian.

He is a marginal 1st round pick at this point. He'll never be the first pick. He's skinny, no offensive game at all, and the blocks and boards in the NBA don't come as easily. Noel, unless he really gets bigger, is a PF in the NBA. These days, PFs with no game but great athleticism are rare only in the sense that there is not many in the NBA. This is my opinion, of course.

Well, you know what I would classify as stupid? Equating Noel's playing time opportunity as a freshman to Conrad McCrae's.

Conrad only had to beat out the following players to see the court his freshman year;

Sr. Derrick Coleman
Jr. LeRon Ellis
So: Richard Manning

That team also had Owens and Stevie Thompson.

There were just tons of minutes to be had for a freshman center who had no offensive game.

Cal has to play Noel because he's only going to have him for one year and has almost no returning center experience because the college basketball landscape has changed. But bottom line from a skills perspective, Noel and McRae are at just about the same skill levels as college freshmen. Noel certainly has more upside and might be a little better shot blocker right now.

If you think Noel gets more than buttock splinters on that 89-90 SU team, you are nuts.

The notion that Noel would play over (or alongside) Coleman and Ellis, and a head to head comparison of Noel and McRae at the immediate outset of their careers, are complete non sequitors. But read into my post as you wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom