Anyone else think no flu bug and SU is 9-5? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think no flu bug and SU is 9-5?

Jack Hall

All Conference
now i get it, sickness and injuries are just a part of the game, etc etc. but seriously 9-5 would have an enormously different bubble perspective than 8-6. But thats this season, ie may be little margin for error

You'd have to know if anyone on the other teams had the flu.
Good question, did anyone, esp a starter, on pitt or ul miss as many mins as Battle did last 2 games? I get it, it doesnt really matter, just thinking about what a fine line sports are and so much parity in college ball, esp around the bubble

Good question, did anyone, esp a starter, on pitt or ul miss as many mins as Battle did last 2 games? I get it, it doesnt really matter, just thinking about what a fine line sports are and so much parity in college ball, esp around the bubble

Artis and Snider were both coming back from an injury, but they both seemed to play pretty well, so i dunno

But hey, if Battle misses that 3 last week we're 7-7. so...

We walk a thin line with depth.

The difference is not only Battle, but the fact that we have about a 5.5 man rotation instead of a 6.5 man rotation. That extra body makes a difference.

Artis and Snider were both coming back from an injury, but they both seemed to play pretty well, so i dunno

But hey, if Battle misses that 3 last week we're 7-7. so...
I just hope he gets healthy and SU finishes 3-1!! Go Cuse

The flu was a tough break, but so was the scheduling with six games left needing to win 2 or 3 of them... We had:

@Pitt
Louisville
@ GA Tech
Duke
@Louisville
GA Tech

The most-to-least winnable games order was probably Georgia Tech, @Pitt, @Georgia Tech, Duke, Louisville, @Lousville.

Unfortunately @Pitt was during the flu bug and the back end of a compact portion of the schedule where the team was worn out, and the easier of the two Louisville games was also impacted by the flu bug and tired legs.

That said, they'll be well-rested the rest of the way and they can still get this done. To some extent, I also don't mind being a little bit of a lower seed as long as they get in - I don't want to see them on the 8/9 lines.

I feel a lot better knowing how we played in the last 2 games basically without Tyus. We need to nail a couple more wins and we're easily the team no one wants to play in the NCAAs...except maybe UNC

now i get it, sickness and injuries are just a part of the game, etc etc. but seriously 9-5 would have an enormously different bubble perspective than 8-6. But thats this season, ie may be little margin for error
Did JB sound like he had the flu during his presser? He sounded like he had the sniffles a couple of times. Did he catch something from his kids. Could it be that the coach sabotaged his team by making them all sick

Did JB sound like he had the flu during his presser? He sounded like he had the sniffles a couple of times. Did he catch something from his kids. Could it be that the coach sabotaged his team by making them all sick
lol he did! not to mention one of the local articles said one of the assistants got sent home (quarantined). all part o the game i guess!

Jimmy's secret weapon, he's infecting half the ACC right before the font tourney!

I know Times New Roman is the favorite, but I think Comic Sans MS or Garamond could make a run. All depends on how bold they are. ;)

I like Showcard Gothic, myself.

showcard-gothic.png