Anyone else think we are #1 come Monday afternoon? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think we are #1 come Monday afternoon?

The mark of a top level team:

Play like crap... & win... Especially against top competition.

Sound familiar?

Miami had an unbelievable stat. night... Premature E-Jack-ulation...

I Wouldn't be surprised if we came further then Kansas, Michigan and Duke since the temple loss.
We were a one dimentional team that ran everything through mike, motion offense and screens up to then. With James being wide open being a huge part of our offense.

Now Fair is back in the high post, Triche is creating further from the basket(hitting 3's and scoring tough shots) even if it isn't isolation, MCW is turning into a scorer, Grant has stepped up in a Cj like role, and we don't even have James out there at the moment.

I think a lot of people are overanalyzing this.

We won't move to number one unless Michigan (and possibly KU) loses.

Me thinks we are.

Marsh, usually I'm in the "what Marsh said" camp when it comes to posting but can we beat 'Nova first before we start talking about Numero Uno?

Nova may be down but they are still a well-coached team and, as has been proven over and over again this year (including by us), anyone can lose to anyone on any given night.

Anybody else think Florida is the best team right now? Have you seen them? Not a lot of holes there. And in a weak league they will have a gaudy record come March.

Beat Missouri by 30, FSU by 25, Marquette by 30, Wisc by 20. Two very close losses to very good teams (by 1 on road at Az), balanced scoring, play 8, shoot nearly 50% and have top 10 FG defense, shoot over 70% from line. Two games with UK to come.

Marsh, usually I'm in the "what Marsh said" camp when it comes to posting but can we beat 'Nova first before we start talking about Numero Uno?

Nova may be down but they are still a well-coached team and, as has been proven over and over again this year (including by us), anyone can lose to anyone on any given night.

Yea I wasnt predicting we were going to be #1. Before the Duke game got out of hand I was thinking that the game could go Miami's way and the dominoes could start to fall which would get us there like it did last season when Kentucky and others lost.

And we arent losing Saturday. Villanova doing what they did to Louisville could have been a bad thing for them as now we should not be overlooking the m(not like we would have anyways but especially not now we wont)

I still say we will be #1 on Monday as I think Michigan will lose to Illinois.

Anybody else think Florida is the best team right now? Have you seen them? Not a lot of holes there. And in a weak league they will have a gaudy record come March.

Sagarin does, and by a healthy margin by his standards:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt1213.htm

It will be a bit of a dogpile at the top. Duke will still probably get some #1's, pending this weekend's results.

Me thinks we are.

chickens_hatch.jpg

More importantly, Syracuse has a nice little cushion in the Big East right now, & if they can win the B.E. regular season, they would be assured of a #1 seed anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom