Anyone else watch ACC basketball | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else watch ACC basketball

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
And just get impatiently excited about handing Duke, Wake and NC State’s aces to them in football?

There’s not a North Carolina team I’d take the foot off the pedal for.

The most important reason to take the foot off the pedal in any sport is to prevent injury to your starters. There are so many opportunities for your starters to get hurt when the game is in question that you really don't want to risk them when you know you're going to win.

The most important reason to take the foot off the pedal in any sport is to prevent injury to your starters. There are so many opportunities for your starters to get hurt when the game is in question that you really don't want to risk them when you know you're going to win.
Completely agre. So sub in Welch/Rex, Howard/Jordan and our wr depth and keep laying it on

And just get impatiently excited about handing Duke, Wake and NC State’s aces to them in football?

There’s not a North Carolina team I’d take the foot off the pedal for.
I am so tired of the never-ending love fest on ESPN for Zion/Duke. I don't need to see daily articles about how Zion is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As an FYI, FSU fired their coach after that 1975 season and hired Bobby Bowden away from WVU.

Surprised FSU was the better job back then wasn’t the school itself commuter and all female until the 60s?

Surprised FSU was the better job back then wasn’t the school itself commuter and all female until the 60s?
No. After WWII FSU became co-ed again. They had a football team in 1947.

I think they made him a deal he couldn't refuse, plus the wiki said he's from Birmingham and it would be easier for him to go see his Mom and MIL, who were getting along in years, from Tally than from Morgantown.

WVUs head coach just bolted for Houston; no rational person would say that’s the better football job. Unless you take culture into account...

WVU went 10-1 in 1969, and their head coach left for Texas Tech; that’s when Bowden was brought in. He wasn’t winning like that, and he spoke several years ago about “fans” leaving effigies of him hanging from trees in his yard. He went 9-3 and decided it was a good time to get out of dodge.

West Virginia would be a good job if fans recognized the limitations they have, and were ok with a coach getting 8+ wins consistently and making bowl games. The problem is they think they should be a national championship contender annually, and turn on almost every coach they have when those unrealistic expectations aren’t met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom