Anyone have any rooting interest besides SU in the Tournament? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone have any rooting interest besides SU in the Tournament?

My wife is a Bona alum, so I was hoping for more from them. And I really had hoped UVM had made it and played well the first night.

Other than SU, I mostly root for teams to lose (I'm looking at you UNC!).

Since you asked, I am also rooting for Cincinnati(though Cuse is still #1), since I recently went back to school there for my Post-Masters.

I also still root for some of the old Big East teams, like Providence and Nova.

You?

I don't want Nova to win another title. I would be very happy for Providence or Seton Hall if they went far -- they're harmless.

I would like to see Purdue get to the Final Four. They have great fans and can never seem to get over the hump. Would be fine with UVA winning it at all.

Since you asked, I am also rooting for Cincinnati(though Cuse is still #1), since I recently went back to school there for my Post-Masters.

I also still root for some of the old Big East teams, like Providence and Nova.

You?

I recently befriended a WVU fan, plus I like any coach who used to be known to tie one on as well as I did, so a bit for them and old BE teams like you, but not overly anyone but Cuse this season. Of course, I do generally look forward to JarHeadJim posting the cheerleader doing the Shocker sign. Where is that guy, on a milk carton or Belize?

EDIT: after reading other posts, definitely rooting against Duke and UNC. Even UK takes a far back seat to those 2 now, nobody else is close for me. Im cool with Virginia or Villanova winning.

No ACC or BE teams. No programs that are on similar footing to us(Mich State, Florida, etc), nobody that’s won more than us, nobody that’s good in football, nobody whose players acted like jerks against Cuse(sorry Buffalo, but screw you). Nobody that’s knocked us out of the tournament in my sports fan lifetime.

I’ve got no beefs with Purdue or Missouri, so let one of them win one.

No ACC or BE teams. No programs that are on similar footing to us(Mich State, Florida, etc), nobody that’s won more than us, nobody that’s good in football, nobody whose players acted like jerks against Cuse(sorry Buffalo, but screw you). Nobody that’s knocked us out of the tournament in my sports fan lifetime.

I’ve got no beefs with Purdue or Missouri, so let one of them win one.
+1
Purdue, I'm pulling for you.

Hate the SEC, Big10 and Big 12 - oh and Duke/UNC. Hmmm, not much left

My oldest daughter is a freshman at Texas Tech, so I’m rooting for the Red Raiders in addition to the Cuse (picked ‘em for my Final Four). They were lucky to escape against SFA last night... that was a tense one.