Anyone have any rooting interest besides SU in the Tournament? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone have any rooting interest besides SU in the Tournament?

Missouri knocked us out in OT in 1994 - so take them off your list.

Wow, no idea how that one slipped my mind. I thought of us knocking them out in ‘89, but completely skipped over that ‘94 loss.

Loyola Chicago. I live about two blocks from the campus and have been taking my daughter to games there for the past few years. Been really fun to watch that program building momentum season by season.

Love that area and Rogers Park. Been some occasional shootings lately around Morse Red Line stop, yes?

I work with Athletes in Action in the Dayton area, and attend practices and meet with players/coaches weekly from Wright St. basketball, bummed they're already out and got handled by Tennessee...

Michigan State..my oldest is there. If SU and MSU play Sunday, my second oldest (SU Frosh) May fly out for the game.

Love that area and Rogers Park. Been some occasional shootings lately around Morse Red Line stop, yes?
e

Yeah, the area directly around the Morse stop has always been sketchy, but honestly the area around most of the red line stops north of Addison is pretty sketchy.

I don't know of many shootings in the immediate past. But the violence does seem to flare up there every few years. last fall there was a couple shootings, including a tragic one where a 64 year old teacher was killed in the crossfire early in the evening.

The timing and nature of that one really shook the neighborhood.

But I've been in this neighborhood for 14-years and overall it keeps getting better.

Over the past seven or eight years Loyola has done a great job of working with local developers and police to bring in business and address some of the other crime issues.
I haven't agreed with everything they've done but overall I feel l like they are really building a solid infrastructure for the community without compromising the affordability and diversity that make this neighborhood so great.

e

Yeah, the area directly around the Morse stop has always been sketchy, but honestly the area around most of the red line stops north of Addison is pretty sketchy.

I don't know of many shootings in the immediate past. But the violence does seem to flare up there every few years. last fall there was a couple shootings, including a tragic one where a 64 year old teacher was killed in the crossfire early in the evening.

But I've been in this neighborhood for 14-years and overall it keeps getting better.

Over the past seven or eight years Loyola has done a great job of working with local developers and police to bring in business and address some of the other crime issues.
I haven't agreed with everything they've done but overall I feel l like they are really building a solid infrastructure for the community without compromising the affordability and diversity that make this neighborhood so great.

Yeah that teacher was one of my good friend’ s longtime close family friend of her parents. Happened coming out of Rogers Park Social I think which I have been to a few times.

My good friend lives a 5 min walk from the Jarvis stop. An area I really like and know well.

Auburn being that I am a current student there

I also root for teams that don't flop-This Providence-A&M game has been a pleasure. No noticeable flopping yet.

I'd root for Univ of Iowa or Illinois, but I never have to worry as neither school ever makes it.

Otherwise, see above. Teams that don't flop, and I'll root against lots of teams like Otto mentioned in his post (Ohio State, UK, Michigan State, etc.....) And you can add Xavier to that list.

I'd root for Univ of Iowa or Illinois, but I never have to worry as neither school ever makes it.

Otherwise, see above. Teams that don't flop, and I'll root against lots of teams like Otto mentioned in his post (Ohio State, UK, Michigan State, etc...) And you can add Xavier to that list.

I'd cheer for Iowa too but their season was a total meltdown. I honestly thought they might make the tournament this year in the preseason.

I'd cheer for Iowa too but their season was a total meltdown. I honestly thought they might make the tournament this year in the preseason.

I know - I found them fun to watch at times, pretty fluid style of play, but man, they couldn't defend at all. Huge meltdown.

There were a number of teams I bet on where there odds were between 200-1 and 350-1 on Bet365 between January and even until late Feb in some cases... so it didn't cost me much to have them win for $2,000 or more. Texas Tech, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson and Ohio St. Hope that one can make the final four.

I went with family: My wife has an undergrad and masters degree from LIU, my brother graduated from St. Bonaventure, I have a niece and nephew at Radford, I have another nephew at Virginia Tech, and another nephew at Providence. I also have a niece at Maryland and thank god they didn't make the tournament because I couldn't ever root for the Terps.
The only team left in the tournament for the second round is SU, with 3 grads - me, my wife and son. (My daughter's is at a division 3 school)

Go Orange!

e

Yikes, I think Morse might have been the stop where I got off to transfer lines a few months back. I do remember it starting with an M, I think. There was a drunk and kinda angry acting guy walking from car to car, and before that I had to wait quite awhile in the cold due to some sort of delay. No idea if that's a frequent thing there. I asked one of the employees how to get to the Metra(about a block away), and she was absolutely clueless. On that short walk, I saw a memorial to what I'm guessing was a homeless guy, though I imagine it could have been a shooting victim.

Rooting hard against Michigan and Villanova, although both their paths look a bit easier now.