Anyone Know How Hughes Looks? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone Know How Hughes Looks?

Interesting. If you had to wager a guess, would you predict a starting backcourt of Frank/EH or Carey/EH? I ask because you're most certainly a poster who's opinion I value a great deal.

My prediction is Howard starts at PG and Carey starts at 2g with Hughes off the bench.

Marek leaving doesn't make sense to me, stay here and become an NBA player instead. He has the capacity.
Well he could play overseas and also eventually become an NBA player too.

You could say that about every player on the team save battle. Not a one has had success vs ACC level competition.
True but nobody else is a 3rd year player in the program either. Including Battle. Largest sample size resulting in the biggest ?

Next year
Frank 1
Hughes 2
Carey 1 and 2 off the bench but might see the most minutes.

Next year
Frank 1
Hughes 2
Carey 1 and 2 off the bench but might see the most minutes.
So you think a starting backcourt of Howard-Hughes is...

IMG_1278.GIF

Interesting. If you had to wager a guess, would you predict a starting backcourt of Frank/EH or Carey/EH? I ask because you're most certainly a poster who's opinion I value a great deal.
If I hard to guess, it would be FH and EH

Judging from this picture I think he does lol

He looks skinnier in that pic than he does on the court.

Look for Hughes to embrace the off the bench, like dion waiters.

My prediction is Howard starts at PG and Carey starts at 2g with Hughes off the bench.

Very likely that these two are the starting guards. Not sure that labeling the positions matter -- they'll both handle / pass / shoot / score / initiate the offense.

I'll wait to see how Frank handles ACC play before I pencil him in starting anywhere next year.

Frank has had defensive success vs. ACC - check advanced stats. I agree with rrlbees - Frank and Carey starting, though I'm not sure who will wind up taking the ball up the court.

Very likely that these two are the starting guards. Not sure that labeling the positions matter -- they'll both handle / pass / shoot / score / initiate the offense.

I think Carey starts day 1, same for Baze and Briss, PC or BS at the 5, that leaves potentially (cuz who knows what can happen) one spot. I'm guessing that will come down to Frank or Hughes. Hughes is a player and he is big (i'm not talking height), he is a man and very athletic. Great "problem" to have.

A bench rotation of Howard or Hughes, MD, whichever 5 does not start, and Buddy - that's more combined length AND offensive talent than we have had in.... a long time.

Yeah, not sure who's starting matters much either.

I think Carey starts day 1, same for Baze and Briss, PC or BS at the 5, that leaves potentially (cuz who knows what can happen) one spot. I'm guessing that will come down to Frank or Hughes. Hughes is a player and he is big (i'm not talking height), he is a man and very athletic. Great "problem" to have.

A bench rotation of Howard or Hughes, MD, whichever 5 does not start, and Buddy - that's more combined length AND offensive talent than we have had in... a long time.

It's always difficult to discuss this stuff b/c in this day and age of college hoops anything can happen from one year to the next. But that's a lot of talent and, perhaps more importantly, a lot of experience. Hughes as a third-year guy, Howard as a fourth-year, Chuckwu as a fifth-year guy and then Marek, Brissett and Sidibe back for year 2. That's about as much experience as you can get these days.

Look for Hughes to embrace the off the bench, like dion waiters.

I'm not sure Dion really "embraced" it. He was the number 4 overall pick with major talent, he either played well or transferred and ends up being a nobody who never made the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom