Anyone know if Baye practiced today? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone know if Baye practiced today?

Didnt like hearing he will probably wear brace rest of the year. Also in early warmups on sat noticed he didnt dunk when other bigs were during drills and was landing on his left leg only most times after practicing little jumpers. But i will take 80-90 percent Baye over no Baye any day of the week. My wild guess is he doesnt play on wed unless Roc gets in foul trouble.

ill be surprised if he doesnt suit up on wednesday

Me too. He said he was going to play some on Wednesday after Saturday's game. Probably won't be much more than 5-10 mins, but nice to have the option again.

I am curious. Which is more physically demanding of a starter - a real game, or an average practice (including strength and conditioning)? I see a lot of talk that we are getting worn out, or that Duke has to play 3 games in 5 days here, etc. I'm wondering if the practices are just as hard as the games, and nobody mentions those. I certainly buy into the emotional toll a real game can have, particularly if it is a big one. Because a game (assuming no OT) has literally 40 mins of potential activity stretched out over 2 hours. For an 18-22 year old man, that really isn't a huge amount.

Am I way off here?

Didnt like hearing he will probably wear brace rest of the year. Also in early warmups on sat noticed he didnt dunk when other bigs were during drills and was landing on his left leg only most times after practicing little jumpers. But i will take 80-90 percent Baye over no Baye any day of the week. My wild guess is he doesnt play on wed unless Roc gets in foul trouble.

didn't think they are allowed to dunk in pre-game warmups. didn't Rutgers get a technical called on them a few weeks ago for the doing it?

I am curious. Which is more physically demanding of a starter - a real game, or an average practice (including strength and conditioning)? I see a lot of talk that we are getting worn out, or that Duke has to play 3 games in 5 days here, etc. I'm wondering if the practices are just as hard as the games, and nobody mentions those. I certainly buy into the emotional toll a real game can have, particularly if it is a big one. Because a game (assuming no OT) has literally 40 mins of potential activity stretched out over 2 hours. For an 18-22 year old man, that really isn't a huge amount.

Am I way off here?

Practices are [and should be] more physically demanding than games. They are longer, and the focus is on both conditioning and execution. Just like most programs involving training for a marathon actually have you run a few further distances [for both the physical and psychological benefit], practices are designed to over-prepare players to put forth the effort needed to get through a 40 minute game [or longer, given OT considerations].

But there is no way that practices approach the mental stress level that games exact on the players. You can simulate the stress of game pressure through any variety of techniques, but none of them come close--not really. Its one of the reasons I'm so impressed with our team's poise--they have been unflappable all season long. They never panic or get tight when the game is on the line.

didn't think they are allowed to dunk in pre-game warmups. didn't Rutgers get a technical called on them a few weeks ago for the doing it?
You can in the early warm ups, then they go off the court, usually get their game jerseys on and then when they come back out they cant. Not sure what the exact time cut off is

You can in the early warm ups, then they go off the court, usually get their game jerseys on and then when they come back out they cant. Not sure what the exact time cut off is
Might be like 20 mins before buzzer for Anthem

Not sure about that. I know some schools will actually do dunks instead of layups for warm ups. You hear about it once in a while before games on ESPN that the coach wants them to practice finishing with two hands rather than one hand on a layup. They will also dunk after every rebounded miss in the shootaround warm up.

I hope he didn't mash his knee in to anyone. Practices can sometimes get a little chippy.

There is no "time" cut-off. It has to do with the presence of the refs. Before they arrive, dunk to your heart's content. When they arrive, they're in charge, and they can assess a "T" to a pre-game dunker.

Leave it to Rutgers...

There is no "time" cut-off. It has to do with the presence of the refs. Before they arrive, dunk to your heart's content. When they arrive, they're in charge, and they can assess a "T" to a pre-game dunker.
Anyone know the intent of this seemingly ridiculous rule? Are the refs afraid of getting dunked on?!

thx thebigeast44… what's "groups"?

blue-man-group.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom