Anyone notice the sledgehammer before the game during warmups? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone notice the sledgehammer before the game during warmups?

BleedsOrange44

Starter
Dave Rahme indicated something about a sledgehammer at midfield during pre game warmups. Here's the quote:

"The scene awakened memories of those entertaining days of the early 1990s when the Miami Hurricanes would goose-step onto the Carrier Dome field wearing combat fatigues and basking in the boos that descended on them.
As the No. 11 West Virginia football team got into formation for its pregame stretches Friday night a sledgehammer was walked out from the end zone toward the 50-yard line. Its presence was accompanied by some chatter directed at Syracuse’s half of the field.
'Yeah, I saw it,' SU offensive guard Andrew Tiller said. 'Yeah, I heard it. I was right there in the front line (of SU players stretching on their half of the 50). I paid it no mind. Nobody ever beat anybody with talk.'"

Anyone know anything about this or can give more details? Here's a link to his article discussing it.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/10/syracuse_university_football_t_110.html

seems reminiscent of the time Schiano had his boys dancing on the Louisville logo at midfield before a game against them and then got absolutely destroyed - hilarious