Anyone pick up the new Lindy's yet? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone pick up the new Lindy's yet?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
JJ is the cover boy. These mags get harder and harder to find.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241007_143226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241007_143226_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Shocked they even still print these magazines
Apparently there are magazines that still make a good profit, looked at an article that said magazines had 73 billion in revenue last year.
I haven’t bought a magazine in years but I guess some people still like turning pages.

Shocked they even still print these magazines
There are a few boomers left. As long as Barnes and Noble still has stores open along with some independent bookstores they will keep printing books and magazines.

Not everyone does everything online.

Meanwhile I still have all my Street and Smiths, Lindys and Big East Basketball yearbooks. You can pry them from my cold dead hands.

There are a few boomers left. As long as Barnes and Noble still has stores open along with some independent bookstores they will keep printing books and magazines.

Meanwhile I still have all my Street and Smiths, Lindys and Big East Basketball yearbooks. You can pry them from my cold dead hands.
Books are much different. A physical book doesn't change over time.

Magazines and articles in them can be outdated before they even get to shelves.

Books are much different. A physical book doesn't change over time.

Magazines and articles in them can be outdated before they even get to shelves.
I currently have 20 books in my cave ready to read as I am finishing book 21. I always joke, I'm not interested in what I am reading. I am interested in what I am reading next. I also have 180 in Amazon gift card money left to, you guessed it, buy more books. I am sworn to wait until I get this list that I currently own down. I buy the Lindy's and the other mags like that for football and basketball. Money well spent in both cases.

I currently have 20 books in my cave ready to read as I am finishing book 21. I always joke, I'm not interested in what I am reading. I am interested in what I am reading next. I also have 180 in Amazon gift card money left to, you guessed it, buy more books. I am sworn to wait until I get this list that I currently own down. I buy the Lindy's and the other mags like that for football and basketball. Money well spent in both cases.

There needs to a be dasher presidential library.

I’m curious — what are a couple of the titles on your current list? Just finished All the Light We Cannot See. Enjoyed it!

Apparently there are magazines that still make a good profit, looked at an article that said magazines had 73 billion in revenue last year.
I haven’t bought a magazine in years but I guess some people still like turning pages.

I get several magazines every month which I’ve never purchased and never read. They just mysteriously started showing up in my mailbox years ago. Slam is one of them…fortunately it is a basketball magazine or my inability to cancel it would be a more urgent issue to me to maintain peace in my house.

I’ve written to them to cancel, they inevitably let me know that as a long time reader, they will keep sending it to me as a curtesy. It’s fairly obvious they make their money off ad revenue based on subscriber numbers and are intentionally inflating them. I suspect the entire industry is doing the same; at some point advertisers will figure out that almost the entire industry is a scam and it will quickly collapse at that point.

I’m curious — what are a couple of the titles on your current list? Just finished All the Light We Cannot See. Enjoyed it!
Did you read the silent patient? Rare. There is a moment while reading it that I actually had to take a breath. Just looked that up. Looks interesting

I picked it up in airport on my way home from Vegas for game. Very weak breakdown , seemed to know very little about our transfers…… picked 10 in ACC.

There is something to be said about having a printed sports preview mag.

I usually buy Phil Steele's every year...yes, I am a boomer.

Did you read the silent patient? Rare. There is a moment while reading it that I actually had to take a breath. Just looked that up. Looks interesting
That sounds like my kind of book.. My collection spans well over 1000 books, and always looking to add another good one.

Just finished listening to "I'm starting to Worry about this Black Box of Doom." It's fantastic, highly recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom