Anyone rooting for Rutgers today? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone rooting for Rutgers today?

RU beating UNC or Cincy beating Tenn isn't going to save the Big East. It really doesn't matter at this point.

RU beating UNC or Cincy beating Tenn isn't going to save the Big East. It really doesn't matter at this point.
It won't save the Big East, but every OOC win against a BCS school brings a little more respect to the league.

It doesn't matter. Beating middle of the pack teams from other conferences is irrelevant in regards to getting "respect". And I have to ask, respect from who? Best case scenario we get picked up by the ACC or Big 10, at worst the BEAST becomes a glorified Conference USA.

14-6 UNC, the chances I root for Rutgers ever are significantly less than 0%. Their fan-base will convince themselves that a win over a decent North Carolina team is the equivalent of beating Alabama. Rutgers plays 1 of 5 OOC games against BCS competition and watching them lose it will basically show they are mediocre. Which for the average RU fan mediocre is like being a perennial top 25 team.

Its a big game for the BE

I won't root for an ACC team, period.

I don't have the genuine hatred that many have for Rutgers. In order for me to hate them, I'd have to consider them to be more than an annual annoyance. I'd have to consider them an arch rivel, which they are not; they are a speed bump. I want to beat them but I don't obsess about them because they are in the process of taking their rightful place under SU's butt. We have bigger fish to fry than Rutgers and I want to see ACC teams lose against every one they play

I see the glass as half full. If Rutgers wins, it's a BCS-level win for the Big East, of which we didn't have many last year and got blasted for it. :D
If UNC wins, Heh, Heh, Rutgers lost!:rolling:

After the turd that Louisville laid last night...it'd be nice for the BE to have another BCS win.

Go rutgers!! Helps our sos. We can help our recruiting by mopping the floor with them when they come to the dome.

Not a chance. I never even cheered from them when I had a good friend from high school playing for them!

I have to say, I don't understand why you guys wouldn't root for Rutgers. They have NEVER been good - why would you possibly not like them? Are you still upset that they had our number during the GRob years?

Don't you want us to play and beat the best competition possible when you go to watch games at the Dome?

No one dislikes Rutgers on the basis of Rutgers' success: haha, obviously such a concept doesn't make any sense.

Rutgers has only one thing going for them: they are close to NYC. Since Syracuse wants to be NYC's team, we need Rutgers to continue being terrible. Especially during TV-market driving conference realignment.

AWWWWWwwww... Poor, poor, Jersey State. Not so easy when you're not playing a directional school, huh?

Rutgers back doing what they do best diving at the knees with the game over.

Its a big game for the BE

Never. I will never, ever root for Rutgers in a game. Even if they were playing Boston College, because Rutgers fair weather fanbase that has emerged over the past 5 years has far exceeded the BC fanbase on the douche meter. It's not even a contest anymore. Mix in Schiano and the fact that Syracuse is trying to get a foot back into recruiting NJ, and it's a no brainer for me.

The only thing I enjoy seeing more than a Rutgers loss is a Syracuse win.

I am rooting for Rutgers.
I am rooting for them to have their coach run over.

It's like trying to explain why I don't like cats. I've never owned a cat, I don't have anything against them, I just don't like them. Same thing.

Don't disparage cats by comparing them to Rutgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom