Anyone Watching ‘The Last of Us’ on HBO? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone Watching ‘The Last of Us’ on HBO?

Got caught up on the first five episodes earlier this week.

Have to suspend some disbelief on Kansas City, but that was an awesome action scene. Emotional ending to episode 5, as well.
I have no idea as to the opinion of the masses, but I thought the most recent two episodes blew. One stand alone episode or two , fine , this show has almost become a series of stand alone episodes

I have no idea as to the opinion of the masses, but I thought the most recent two episodes blew. One stand alone episode or two , fine , this show has almost become a series of stand alone episodes

Definitely enjoy the first few episodes more.

Although I'll be paying attention to tonight's finale for final judgment.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the finale. Rather uneventful, but maybe I'll watch again, it was late and I was kind of tired from a long weekend.

But I really enjoyed episode 8. That was dark and intense.

Thought the final episode was kind of cartoonish and hard to believe.

The quality of the episodes seems really uneven. Hope we get more good ones in year 2.

I agree the finale fell a little short. The action and emotion were spot on, but there wasn't much more to the episode. I feel the interactions and demeanors are prepping changes in season 2. I know nothing of the story, but I heard there is a significant time jump between seasons 1 and 2 . I also heard there is going to be another bonus episode after the finale.

Wasn't that ending basically how the game ended, almost frame-by-frame?

Overall, I enjoyed the show.

But I feel like there was a pretty big drop-off from the first two episodes to the rest.

After those, we had three essentially stand-alone episodes [the one with the prepper early on, the one with Ellie's friend, and the one where she got caught by the cannibals] out of the remaining 6 episodes, sandwiched around that two-episode arc in Kansas City.

Seems like they squandered a lot of time. But I still enjoyed it. I think they stuck a little too close to the game, which is good because the game's plot was good, but bad from a storytelling standpoint.

Last edited:
Overall, I enjoyed the show.

But I feel like there was a pretty big drop-off from the first two episodes to the rest.

After those, we had three essentially stand-alone episodes [the one with the prepper early on, the one with Ellie's friend, and the one where she got caught by the cannibals], and that two-episode arc in Kansas City.

Seems like they squandered a lot of time. But I still enjoyed it. I think they stuck a little too close to the game, which is good because the game's plot was good, but bad from a storytelling standpoint.
Yup. Sort of a victim of their own success. You expected more given how strong it started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom