AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 24) | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls (Sept 24)

34th in AP too. 8 votes.

Still ranked behind Clemson.

I am jealous of Maryland's schedule. They have 9 teams that stink, and 3 really good teams. They can go 9-3 without even trying and be ranked in the Top 15 at year's end. There is a good chance they will have 9 Ws and haven't beaten a single Bowl team.

Fresno State being ranked is crazy, but whatever. Just win. Our time will come
They get credit for that second major conference win. Beating ASU and Purdue. Granted ASU is garbage but that’s the reason.

Cost what?

It’s already happened. The 2nd unit gave up a bust. BFD.
Most voting people don't know if it is 1st unit or 2nd unit. They only look at the final score. We don't have the luxury to let voters pay more attention on us. We are way outside to look getting in. Cannot afford any misstep like we did this Saturday. Let Army get 17 points, even 7 is from 2nd unit and should not matter.

We beat Clemson and we won’t be denied…..
I dunno about that, it's going to be close. I feel like if Clemson wins, they'll probably get back into the top 25, but if we lose the narrative is going to be that it proves that Clemson is having a very bad down year, and we'll most likely end up around like 27th-30th. Hope we beat them and I'm wrong, but I think we have maybe a 25% chance of getting ranked at 5-0.

6-0 would get us in.

They get credit for that second major conference win. Beating ASU and Purdue. Granted ASU is garbage but that’s the reason.
Actually, their SOs is 114 and ours is 119. Right behind Maryland.

I dunno about that, it's going to be close. I feel like if Clemson wins, they'll probably get back into the top 25, but if we lose the narrative is going to be that it proves that Clemson is having a very bad down year, and we'll most likely end up around like 27th-30th. Hope we beat them and I'm wrong, but I think we have maybe a 25% chance of getting ranked at 5-0.

6-0 would get us in.
I could see that. But objectively, if we’re 5-0, our SOS takes a big jump up and we will have a better resume than a lot of teams in the 20s-25.

Rankings by future conference:

SEC - 9
B18 - 6
ACC - 4
B12 - 2.5
PAC - 2
MWC - 0.5

Good thing the B12 got Utah otherwise their best future team is 24th in the polls.

Most voting people don't know if it is 1st unit or 2nd unit. They only look at the final score. We don't have the luxury to let voters pay more attention on us. We are way outside to look getting in. Cannot afford any misstep like we did this Saturday. Let Army get 17 points, even 7 is from 2nd unit and should not matter.
Good lord, let it go, it’s garbage time and it doesn’t matter one bit, we would have been in the same place in both the AP and USA, whether the margin of victory was 13 or 19.

Good lord, let it go, it’s garbage time and it doesn’t matter one bit, we would have been in the same place in both the AP and USA, whether the margin of victory was 13 or 19.
I don’t know. I realize many here think these things don’t matter, but the spread was 13.5. If we beat the spread, again, for the fourth time this year, people stop betting against us and media pundits take notice. We made the idiots on College Game Day look intelligent (except Rece Davis who is so lacking any perspective of what we might be or have done so far that he picked against us straight up).

I don’t know. I realize many here think these things don’t matter, but the spread was 13.5. If we beat the spread, again, for the fourth time this year, people stop betting against us and media pundits take notice. We made the idiots on College Game Day look intelligent (except Rece Davis who is so lacking any perspective of what we might be or have done so far that he picked against us straight up).
What are you talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom