AP poll - SU #11 | Syracusefan.com

AP poll - SU #11

I love it. Us against the world.

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Are we the first 4 loss major conference team ever ranked outside the top 10 at the end of the regular season?
Maybe we should have made a giant spectacle when sitting Grant like Kansas did with Embiid. We're 27-4, with our 4 losses coming with players injured Adios AP.

Such BS. San Diego St lost and moved up 2 spots. Duke and KU barely move with a loss. SU gets punished (a bad loss at home but without a key player).

Duke, with 7 losses, lost to Wake Forest and stays #7. Meanwhile Nova skating by playing mediocre team after mediocre team getting thrashed by the only good teams theyve played minus Kansas.

Losing to GT is worse then losing to Wake and beating UNC right now is a bigger win than beating FSU.

I don't think its fair that they only really look at the last couple of weeks to form an opinion but that's how it works. Also Duke is Duke they will always get favorable treatment.

Not a big deal - team just went 2-4 to end the season with home losses to a pitiful BC team and a bad GTech. Easy way to get back to the top 5 or 6 is make a run to the ACC tourney finals. Team dug themselves a hole, now they have an opportunity to climb back out.

Losing to GT is worse then losing to Wake and beating UNC right now is a bigger win than beating FSU.

I don't think its fair that they only really look at the last couple of weeks to form an opinion but that's how it works. Also Duke is Duke they will always get favorable treatment.

We lost to gt without grant, they lost to wake at full strength!

Duke also didnt have any injuries. I agree that our losses are worse but we have 4 losses compared to 7 and they all happened when we were hit with injuries, one of those injuries being to a freakin lottery pick. This poll is a joke.

Remember folks, the NCAA tournament selection criteria is not the same as what is used by AP voters from week to week. For instance, AP voters are a more "what have you done for me lately" group, whereas the committee is more "body of work over the season" group.

Remember folks, the NCAA tournament selection criteria is not the same as what is used by AP voters from week to week. For instance, AP voters are a more "what have you done for me lately" group, whereas the committee is more "body of work over the season" group.
True, but this poll is a complete joke. This is the first poll of the season ive actually laughed at when i read it.

Not a big deal - team just went 2-4 to end the season with home losses to a pitiful BC team and a bad GTech. Easy way to get back to the top 5 or 6 is make a run to the ACC tourney finals. Team dug themselves a hole, now they have an opportunity to climb back out.

Exactly. Lost two horrible games at home. Way too much time spent worrying about other programs and what they are doing.

Win more games.

44cuse

We lost to gt without grant, they lost to wake at full strength!

Yeah but the media isn't talking about that. They are too busy saying we are in a tailspin or sinking like a rock. Also if memory serves me right they lost to Wake on the road and we lost to GT at home. When you cannot defend home court against a team that is practically 200+ in the rpi you are going to get punished for it regardless of injuries.

Yeah but the media isn't talking about that. They are too busy saying we are in a tailspin or sinking like a rock. Also if memory serves me right they lost to Wake on the road and we lost to GT at home. When you cannot defend home court against a team that is practically 200+ in the rpi you are going to get punished for it regardless of injuries.
I guess its too much to ask for AP voters to use a modicum of intelligience when voting and not be reactionary sheeple and furthermore not factor in an injury to a lottery pick just because theyre too lazy to watch a team play and take all their cues from some sports narrative thats floating around at the moment.

The poll is mostly a snapshot of what's happening now. We've been bad lately so this shouldn't be a surprise. We didn't have Grant against GT but we shouldn't have needed him. And don't underestimate the importance of home vs. road when evaluating a loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom