APB on Verne Lundquist | Syracusefan.com

APB on Verne Lundquist

PoppyHart

All American
Has he called any games for CBS this year? I can't recall hearing him. I hope I'm wrong and he's ok.

PoppyHart said:
Has he called any games for CBS this year? I can't recall hearing him. I hope I'm wrong and he's ok.

He is doing the mich-sparty game sunday

doesn't verne usually take a break after calling sec games from septemeber thru November and then the sun bowl. He isn't young

Suprisingly, Dick Vitale (74) is a year older than Verne who is the same age as Bobby Knight.

And Bill Raftery is 70. Of course Jim Boeheim is *only* 69 ;)

You are correct. Verne usually does a bunch of games before March Madness. This year he didn't but he is coming back this weekend. I think he's just saving himself more for the tournament. H

I took your "APB" comment literally and thought, " Oh, Lord, what in the world did Verne do?"

Lost all respect for Verne after he had to bring up Bernie Fine like 700 times during that NCAA game a couple years ago. I understand he had to mention it but it was all the guy talked about all game.

JohnCuse44 said:
Lost all respect for Verne after he had to bring up Bernie Fine like 700 times during that NCAA game a couple years ago. I understand he had to mention it but it was all the guy talked about all game.

My favorite was that he was shocked that the Syracuse kids were actually good kids.

And Bill Raftery is 70. Of course Jim Boeheim is *only* 69 ;)
upload_2014-2-19_10-36-9.jpeg

Verne is just keeping something in the tank for the Masters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom