Appears lane to houston | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Appears lane to houston

Great hire for UH. Surprised to see the reaction on this board considering he's never had a losing season in college, and how many people on this board wanted us to hire Eddie Orgeron, who has never had a winning season where he wasn't an interim coach.

Would have been the perfect fit to promote applewhite in this situation. he is ready for a HC position. Bright, young offensive mind.

Great hire for UH. Surprised to see the reaction on this board considering he's never had a losing season in college, and how many people on this board wanted us to hire Eddie Orgeron, who has never had a winning season where he wasn't an interim coach.

Would you want him to be Syracuse's coach?

You don't see the difference in colleges Babers has been HC at compared to Kiffins?
48962389.jpg

Saban must be in tears lol.
Kiffin was out at Alabama after this season.
Sarkisian will fill in just fine...

If Kiffin doesn't end up in Houston then he'll most likely be Orgeron's OC.

"If" he wins next season at Houston, as soon as a P5 school comes a calling...He Gone!

"If" he wins next season at Houston, as soon as a P5 school comes a calling...He Gone!

Unlikely considering the comments uh ad is making about the contract structure

Would you want him to be Syracuse's coach?
No, because I don't think he'd do well recruiting in the northeast. I also think he'd leave for a better P5 job when one comes along. However, Houston isn't a P5 school so that would happen to most of their coaches.

I think he's a great coach though.

Of course, if Herman falters at Texas and Applewhite succeeds at Houston, the Cougars will be looking a new head coach in three years.

Well, this thread was a little premature, now wasn't it.

Of course, if Herman falters at Texas and Applewhite succeeds at Houston, the Cougars will be looking a new head coach in three years.

But would they? Herman had a previous UT coaching stint and was successful at UH. If he fails, i highly doubt that UT goes back to the same well again.

From 11 Years ago...

Syracuse University Athletics - Quarterbacks Coach Major Applewhite

Team went 1-11 and that 1 win over Buffalo was subsequently forfeited. Perry Paterson was the QB while Andrew Robinson and Cam Dantley were Frosh.

Off topic but here's the roster from that season. Sort of interesting to see who the better players were, their years, etc, etc.

Syracuse University Athletics - 2005 Football Roster

Pierce being diagnosed with a condition that would take him out of football completely was an omen for that year. Quite a bit of talent on that team, and nothing to show for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom