APR question re Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

APR question re Kentucky

The absolutely worst case for SU is that Melo only got 1/2 points first semester and if he leaves gets a 0/2 for second semester, putting him at 1/4. Waiters could be anything from a 3/3 (if in "good academic standing") or 2/4 (if he goes pro and is not in "good academic standing"). So that would make it worst case of 3/8 for those two players. I don't know how to calculate Mookie, he could be anything from a 2/2 or a 0/4. I think he would only be considered two points though, since he left mid-year. If he was an 0/2 and Cuse had 13 scholarships this year that would be 50 total possible points. If that is the case, then Cuse could be a 43/50 (worse case for those three players). That would be an APR of 860.

Thanks for all this.

Did a post a few days ago; basically I said if we get a 1,000 for last year (which isn't a lock, btw) then we'd need only an 855 for this year to be fine for the 2014 tournament, which shouldn't be an issue generally, but you see how it could be.

I think Melo and Dion will both be 2/4, which would mean a score of 900, which should be fine.

Because I'm pretty sure you can be eligible and not in good academic standing. Being declared ineligible during the semester is pretty strange (though Fab pulled it off). So I am guessing in 2009 that Jonny, Paul, and Eric stopped going to class in the second semester, so while they were eligible based on first semester of that season, they wouldn't have been had they stayed for the next year. (Which is of course the main reason they weren't eligible; they knew they weren't coming back and blew classes off).

No, I don't think so. You have to have a 2.0 GPA and you have to have at least 11 credits per semester. At least, when I played sports in college, those were the standards. I guess what it comes down to is if a player stops taking his classes in his final semester or not.

No, I don't think so. You have to have a 2.0 GPA and you have to have at least 11 credits per semester. At least, when I played sports in college, those were the standards. I guess what it comes down to is if a player stops taking his classes in his final semester or not.

Right, that is pretty much what I am saying.

You can be eligible to play second semester (which as far as I know is based off your first semester grades), but if you blow off class second semester then when that year ends, you won't be in good academic standing.

Donte would've hurt the score in 2008, assuming he didn't finish class, which would hurt the rolling score, but not the 2009 score.

The 2009 score was 865, which is awful. That's why I assumed Eric hadn't finished class, despite what I had read prior to the end of the year saying he would graduate. Maybe he was on track to graduate, but stopped going to class after the tournament? (Would've been a shame, so close to graduating too). I don't think just Jonny and Paul not going to class could get them to 865.
Any transfers on there. That also can hurt

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't think we had any transfers in 09, but I am horrible at remembering this kind of stuff.

one and done's are actually better for the APR because as freshmen these kids don't have to take any challenging classes, it is once you get by the bastket weaving and such that kids get in trouble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom