April 15 | Syracusefan.com

April 15

AZOrange

Living Legend
Is it good or bad to go past this date for Cuse wrt grant decision? Initially I thought good, but after reading about it, it doesn't seem that way.

He hasn't announced for the draft, and has not hired an agent, so he is still an SU student and eligible to play on the SU basketball team. After the 15th, if he were to decide to go pro, he would not be able to change his mind and return to the SU basketball team. I think he has until the 27th to declare for the draft. So, if we haven't heard from him, the sweat out date is the 27th.

On the other hand, Ennis would have till tomorrow (the 15th) to change his mind, if he so wished to do so.

Antiprodigy said:
He hasn't announced for the draft, and has not hired an agent, so he is still an SU student and eligible to play on the SU basketball team. After the 15th, if he were to decide to go pro, he would not be able to change his mind and return to the SU basketball team. I think he has until the 27th to declare for the draft. So, if we haven't heard from him, the sweat out date is the 27th.
Right. I honestly cannot figure out why the two dates?

Half the time the NCAA doesn't understand the 2 dates. Its nutty

If Ennis backs out before tomorrow, can he still declare back in before the 27th?

April 15th is for the NCAA. April 27th is for the NBA. He could decide to return by the 15th, then turn around and declare again before the 27th. Assuming all paperwork was properly submitted.

So what exactly has Ennis done differently than Grant so far? Is it really that he just has publicly stated he's going, or did he actually fill out some paperwork or something that matters for this April 15 deadline?

OttoinGrotto said:
So what exactly has Ennis done differently than Grant so far? Is it really that he just has publicly stated he's going, or did he actually fill out some paperwork or something that matters for this April 15 deadline?
Probably a Better way to ask the question. Why do anything declaration related by April 15?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom