One thing that worries me is what are the goals now? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

One thing that worries me is what are the goals now?

The goal I’d suggest is to win the next game. Beat Holy Cross.

I’m a golfer and if I’m on 15 or 16 and shooting near par, most times my head starts to do a what if, i.e. if I can just make a birdie or two I can shoot under par (which I’ve never done my best is 73).

From my golf experience, and from all I’ve learned about sports, you must stay in the moment and make the next swing. Make the next pass. Make the next block. Etc etc. It’s when we get ahead of ourselves that bad things happen.

That’s not to say there shouldn’t be macro goals like winning a championship etc. but the only way to get there is micro goals. The better Fran and the coaching staff is at this the better the team will be.

He does talk A LOT about just worrying about today’s process so I think the mindset is there for us to still be very very good. Hey, the Saints were heavily favored at home against the Eagles and look what happened. Bad days can happen. This is my way of saying I still think we will have a very good year and that we have a very good team and coaching staff. I’m not bailing after one game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom