Are there examples | Syracusefan.com

Are there examples

GooseMutt

All Conference
Of quality players that followed dad at his alma mater?
Would Kiyan Anthony really consider Cuse to play in dads shadow?
Let’s not bring up the Rautins.
But others?

Of quality players that followed dad at his alma mater?
Would Kiyan Anthony really consider Cuse to play in dads shadow?
Let’s not bring up the Rautins.
But others?

….Why not the Rautins? They were both excellent players?

Only other ones I can think of are Gary Payton and his son going to Oregon St., and Patrick Ewing and his son going to Georgetown….though the son transferred in.

Wonder why people think that the Rautins don’t ‘count’. To be honest can you or anyone think of an impact legacy basketball recruit who shunned SU for another D1 program either?
Not impact but Stevie Thompson's kids. I know he coached one but did he coach both?

Wonder why people think that the Rautins don’t ‘count’. To be honest can you or anyone think of an impact legacy basketball recruit who shunned SU for another D1 program eiteither
Think he was ruling him out because Andy wasn't much of a recruit, or at least that's my guess. Turned himself into a heck of a player obviously. And I was thinking on a national scale among NBA star level types.

Think he was ruling him out because Andy wasn't much of a recruit, or at least that's my guess. Turned himself into a heck of a player obviously. And I was thinking on a national scale among NBA star level types.
Doesn’t that make Andy’s career and SU’s recruitment of Andy an even more impressive accomplishment? Taking an unranked legacy recruit who morphed into an impact starter at SU and drafted by the New York Knicks. He is still playing pro ball 12 years after he left SU. Hmm sounds more like an agenda driven take by not ‘counting him’, than a realistic one.

Doesn’t that make Andy’s career and SU’s recruitment of Andy an even more impressive accomplishment? Taking an unranked legacy recruit who morphed into an impact starter at SU and drafted by the New York Knicks. He is still playing pro ball 12 years after he left SU. Hmm sounds more like an agenda driven take by not ‘counting him’, than a realistic one.
Do people that use terms like "agenda" and "narrative" think there is some secret society of Syracuse fans that are trying to disparage the team and actually hate all of the players and hope the athletic department goes out of business?

I find it so odd when I see those terms used here constantly as if we aren't all grown adults spending our valuable time on a SYRACUSE message board and participating within that community by our choice. What agenda could the OP possibly have that would make any sense? He's trying to make all of us, the diehard 1% of Syracuse fans, that watched Rautins play for years change our minds in June of 2022 and re-consider if Andy Rautins was actually good?

I think the way I was looking at it was probably accurate. Rautins was a low-ranked kid in our backyard and had some Providence & St Bonaventure interest so I'd guess that he wasn't counting him because that wasn't some kind of difficult recruitment. Was pretty expected that if we offered, we got him. I believe he was looking at it nationally which is a pretty good question since none of us could really come up with any decent examples.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom