are u finally starting to realize that | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

are u finally starting to realize that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody, please tell me that CM can score - even if you are lying. Thanks.
Not lying... Not a jump shooter and as incredibly athletic as he is, I think he will struggle to score in the half court... Honestly he kind of reminds me of a poor Anthony Davis.. Just an absolute stud on defense like Davis, utilizes his length. I think he will help Syracuse big time defensively. He Just will not have same impact offensively in half court like Davis had... They are both similar tho IMO

He's an athletic freak, who from the videos I have seen does have range, but he needs to keep his motor going throughout the game and not get disinterested.

Disinterested? Like a current player who used to wave to girls in the crowd?

On another note, sometimes Igor is on point, but suffers ad hominem attacks because he mixes in silliness in his other posts. I can relate, even though I don't carry it out to that extent. Give the guy credit when it's due.

All UCONN does is pick and roll its guards. Defense was not the issue. Not having great players is the issue.

Really? Better than Jordan, Sampson, Ewing?
none of them won as a frosh. u will see shortly that melo is the one on mt rushmore

Wow, Kentucky has six (6) Micky Ds with single digit RSCI on their roster THIS YEAR! We have had two in our HISTORY... Think about that. Cal should win the tournament every year really..
Why complain about Calipari recruiting? Here's some advice: how about we recruit better instead of complaining about his success

We get steals that don't go anywhere (usually), as they are when the other team is already set up on O. Heavy ball pressure teams get steals in the backcourt/before half court and have easy buckets because of it.

Cooney had 3 straight dunks one game. Did he have another the rest of the season?
Indiana remember with the flagrant fouls

Wow, Kentucky has six (6) Micky Ds with single digit RSCI on their roster THIS YEAR! We have had two in our HISTORY... Think about that. Cal should win the tournament every year really..

That is pretty amazing. What is RSCI - overall rank?

It definitely can be Brian. Some guys make the team each year that should not have made it and vice-versa. However, over time it has a pretty darn good correlation with final 4 and championship success. The main point being that players win championships and the more talent a program has, the more likely they are to win one.

I don't disagree with any of that, just making the point that it isn't always the best players that make the team. We have had quite the collection of guys who are highly rated and haven't made the all american team Ennis,Waiters,Harris,Cmac.

It's tough to see how you can not disagree and think they're overrated. Nobody said they're the clear cut precisely best 24 players every year.

Why complain about Calipari recruiting? Here's some advice: how about we recruit better instead of complaining about his success

Not sure what part of my post below sounded like complaining to you... I was making a statement based on fact is all.. My complaint with Cal has to do with how he gets such great players. He is not offering an education, in fact he is offering the quickest ticket out of college available.

rstone7727 said:

I hear this crap constantly as well. Give the guy his due. He's figured out how to recruit at a high level and also how to eventually get young, talented teams to play well together.
Just like in management, there are strategists, teachers, leaders, yellers and sliders. Some just have a system and they coach to that system. Also, just like in management, the productive boss is the one who recognizes his deficiencies and offsets them with people who are capable in those areas.
Look at JB. He is the system and the strategist. He surrounds himself with capable leaders and teachers.

none of them won as a frosh. u will see shortly that melo is the one on mt rushmore

Michael Jordan was a freshman when he hit the game winning shot for UNC in 1982. You're slipping when your agenda blinds you to the point of making glaring mistakes.

Disinterested? Like a current player who used to wave to girls in the crowd?

On another note, sometimes Igor is on point, but suffers ad hominem attacks because he mixes in silliness in his other posts. I can relate, even though I don't carry it out to that extent. Give the guy credit when it's due.

Give him credit when he has the sack to post during the high times. While Syracuse was on a school record 89-13 run with back to back Elite 8s, a Final Four and a total of 9 weeks ranked #1 in the nation, Igor was mostly hiding behind his "bad internet in Florida" facade. Whatever else Igor is, he is also a coward.

jb is done. he'll continue to win early and get everyones hopes up. why does no one else play exclusive zone and just 5 players

Give him credit when he has the sack to post during the high times. While Syracuse was on a school record 89-13 run with back to back Elite 8s, a Final Four and a total of 9 weeks ranked #1 in the nation, Igor was mostly hiding behind his "bad internet in Florida" facade. Whatever else Igor is, he is also a coward.

Great post.

jb is done. he'll continue to win early and get everyones hopes up.

he doesn't just win early

Most NCAA tournament wins since 2009:
*John Calipari 17 (and counting)
Tom Izzo 16
*Rick Pitino 15
*Roy Williams 14
Bill Self 14
*Mike Kryzewski 13
Jim Boeheim 13
Billy Donovan 13 (and counting)
Sean Miller 12 (10 with Arizona and 2 in 2009 with Xavier)
Thad Matta 11
Brad Stevens 11
*Jim Calhoun 10

*won a national title in this period

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44