Are we a lock for the 1 seed in the east now? | Syracusefan.com

Are we a lock for the 1 seed in the east now?

Always hate to get that far ahead. If we finish out at least 3-1 and get to the BET championship game, we will get it.

Cheers,
Neil

Did you hear Digger say that if Brandon and Scoop don't shoot better than tonight we won't win the BE regular season championship or get a one seed in the east? Is he f*ing kidding? We are up 2 with 4 to play and has USF and Rutgirls up next! It's over!

Always hate to get that far ahead. If we finish out at least 3-1 and get to the BET championship game, we will get it.

Cheers,
Neil

Dude! Its a lock. In your scenario that would put us 31-2!!! We are in for a 1 seed. Locked in.

Cheers,
Neil

Nah, just 3-1 in reg season will get us a #1. We'll have 3 losses at that point and only 2 w/o Melo.

"Lock" would suggest they don't have to win again. So no, technically not a lock. But looking pretty damn good. Like finish 2-2, and 1-1 at MSG, and that should do it. Of course, we all expect it should go better than that.

Damn near locked up #1 seed with Pitt/Boston path.

We will lock it in PRIOR to the BET. Much like 2009-2010 when we clinched it before going to NYC.

Ask yourself this...who would get it over us? Duke? Kansas? UNC?

No chance.

Dude! Its a lock. In your scenario that would put us 31-2!!! We are in for a 1 seed. Locked in.

Actually the scenario I mentioned puts us at 31-3. ;) Then, as stated, we'd be a "lock" for #1 in the East.

But lose the last two games and then only go 1-1 in the BET and that means we are 29-4 which dependent upon what either UNC or Duke does (particularly Duke) could cost us #1 in the East.

Now, having said this, do I think the latter scenario will happen? No, I don't. But we aren't a "lock" because that scenario can still happen.

Cheers,
Neil

Cheers,
Neil
UK is going to be the 1 in south and Missouri and Kansas will be in the midwest and west, we are light years a head of any of the eastern schools for the one seed in the east.

I wouldn't trust it if say we lost to UConn and Lville to end the season and then didn't make it to the BE championship game. That wouldn't look good.

UK is going to be the 1 in south and Missouri and Kansas will be in the midwest and west, we are light years a head of any of the eastern schools for the one seed in the east.

Agreed, right now we not only are #1 in the East, we are the overall #1 seed. Still some games to be played though.

All I'm challenging is this notion we are "locked" in as of tonight. Do I believe we'll get it? Yes. But we aren't locked in yet.

Peace,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom