Are we finally done with this class? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are we finally done with this class?

Having no proven PG is a major concern, esp in college basketball. Having no PG is like having no QB. It doesn't matter how good the rest of your team is. Nothing against Ennis, but stuff happens. Injuries, grades, illnesses, adjustments. You have to have a solid Plan B. Trying to score another guy who can play PG would be the prudent thing to do.

I personally think a PG is like a closer in baseball, overrated (at least as it relates to Syracuse).

PG doesn't have to match up with opposing PG's, but merely play the top of the zone. Syracuse is an up tempo offense who gets the ball into the hands of scorers via their plays. At Syracuse, the PG is essentially a guy that runs through screens and makes the right read off of that.

I think JB recruits it like a combo guard (I would argue MCW is Cuse's first true PG since Edelin) and just likes to have 2 quality ball handlers in the backcourt.

Another key to remember as it relates to next year - no Louisville. Not sure there is an ACC team that presses hardcore and could give young guards fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom