Are we going to dismiss the fact that a game deciding call went against us again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we going to dismiss the fact that a game deciding call went against us again?

That’s the judgement part, and the ref didn’t agree. It was close, but Jesse lowering his shoulder probably was the deciding factor.
Also, I believe the refs look to blow the whistle on Jesse.

He doesn't get respect.

The dude falling over is why they blew the whistle. The refs are broken and will just assume a guy who is on his asz got fouled even though there are people flopping all over the place. Calling that bs a charge with a minute left to take our most important player out is nothing but BS. He is dribbling the ball you are allowed to lean in a little. The guy was moving the entire time. Jesse never extended his forearm into the guy. It's BS. More reasons why we lost, all of them on us, but that was BS. It's BS that you can immediately take someones space on a dribble with your feet moving the entire time and the refs will still give you a call if you flop like a fish.

That’s the judgement part, and the ref didn’t agree. It was close, but Jesse lowering his shoulder probably was the deciding factor.
the other question I have was the one on Judah where he was essentially standing there passively moving back a step not even looking toward the guy and the guy comes flying over him and hits HIM, and of course foul is called on Mintz. Is that a legit foul?

Somebody here needs to refresh my memory as to when Syracuse got a crucial game changing call at the end of a game in the ACC. Because I can't think of one.

It’s moments like that where I absolutely just have to laugh at how silly we are in these moments. If you paused that play a second after Jesse caught it, I would have bet the outcome was going to be a negative. It seemed so obvious. It’s then like slow motion waiting for the negative result.

The judah dribble and forced pass to Edwards, the judah turnover that shockingly didn’t lead to a runout game winner by louisville, the missed FT rebound and then erratic drive by Judah against UNC, last night’s posting of Jesse. It’s really something.

My opinion is that for all those types of plays it should be a blocking call 90% of the time. Waiting/hoping to get run over is not defense and shouldn't be rewarded.
I agree, but at the same time, you have to play within the rules of the game you are playing.

Everyone knows the refs are charge happy.

the other question I have was the one on Judah where he was essentially standing there passively moving back a step not even looking toward the guy and the guy comes flying over him and hits HIM, and of course foul is called on Mintz. Is that a legit foul?
Didn’t see it

Watched it back… clear block or a flop. Other ACC teams probably not only get a no charge, but a flop… this unfair cr@p against us in big spots needs to stop. Jim would have been better off blowing up about the officials in the post game. Nothing else is working. These are two MASSIVE wins that could have gone our way with a whistle. Not to mention that fouled JE out… leading to a dagger bucket over Hima. Pathetic, again.
So you think players can just throw their shoulder down and into someone as long as the defenders feet aren’t still? Wasn’t this discussed at length last time? Again? Grab 5 football players who can hit free throws and have them just drive the second they see their defenders feet moving and they’ll go to the line 100+ times a game.

I don’t think you comprehend the rules or basketball at all.

My opinion is that for all those types of plays it should be a blocking call 90% of the time. Waiting/hoping to get run over is not defense and shouldn't be rewarded.
So if I’m guarding a guy in the post with my arms up, the guy with the ball can just hammer into me as much as he wants but I can’t do anything?

Playing out of control on offense shouldn’t be rewarded either.

One more thing that is even more BS. The guy on the sideline with a view of Jesse's back made the call. The guy one the baseline looking properly at both of them did not blow the whistle. Jesse was not posting the guy up. He was trying to dribble to the left of the guy. The guy immediately takes his space with his feet moving the whole time and he falls over. It was a bad call. Also a call the official on the baseline should make.

Yes the fact Jesse was trying to do that was stupid. Yes the fact that we did not have a more planned look in place was stupid. But it was a bad call.

SU needs to make plays to win games.
SU losses to UNC/UVA were mainly due to poor execution at the end IMO.
Yeah I've stopped caring about that to be 100% with you.

I don't think we're good. I don't expect us to be good.

Yeah, there's stuff we can control and plays we can make. We won't. Whatever.

But it pisses me off knowing that in this conference, even at home, we're not going to get a whistle in our favor.

Maybe it's karma from when Christmas cleanly blocked Rodney Hood when Duke is used to getting that call. I don't know.

But I am mentally prepared that if there is a whistle late, it's never going our way.

And that sucks and takes some fun out of things.

So you think players can just throw their shoulder down and into someone as long as the defenders feet aren’t still? Wasn’t this discussed at length last time? Again? Grab 5 football players who can hit free throws and have them just drive the second they see their defenders feet moving and they’ll go to the line 100+ times a game.

I don’t think you comprehend the rules or basketball at all.
Not a charge. Oh believe me, I comprehend more than you, if you think charge. JE and JB’s reactions said it all.

This board has taken a turn for the worst, as has the program. It’s like you expect to lose so justify anything against us. And not just talking about a few calls lately. And real cool questioning someone’s basketball knowledge or calling them a loser. Should feel proud.

Last edited:
Watched it back… clear block or a flop. Other ACC teams probably not only get a no charge, but a flop… this unfair cr@p against us in big spots needs to stop. Jim would have been better off blowing up about the officials in the post game. Nothing else is working. These are two MASSIVE wins that could have gone our way with a whistle. Not to mention that fouled JE out… leading to a dagger bucket over Hima. Pathetic, again.
J Taylor was wide open on the other side of the court and J Edwards had a clear angle to skip the ball to him. Or, out to Mintz to him. Anything, but what he did.

Read and react, as opposed to pre-determine and act.

We can discuss, go over and over the tape, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

I’m one of those who thinks there’s way too many charges called. My guess is on average there are 3-5 times a game they call a charge that should be a block.

But that play last night…? That was a charge.