Are we going to have to 11 scholarship players next year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we going to have to 11 scholarship players next year?

I'd be shocked if K doesn't go 5 more years.

I hope UNC gets what they deserve but I just don't see it happening. NCAA will find some way around it.

We have no strategy to straighten out. LOL. Maybe there's time if we GET a strategy.

If that's what happens with UNC we need to fire up our lawyers.

People are going to have to get over 2017. We can still get some talent if we look at different pipelines if we grind it out, it's just going to have to be developmental guys or we may have to look in the international space.

As for 2018, we need to put in work with guys like Quinerly, Slater, Wright, and Carmody. I'm not saying we are going to get those guys but that's where our work needs to be done.

If that's what happens with UNC we need to fire up our lawyers.

People are going to have to get over 2017. We can still get some talent if we look at different pipelines if we grind it out, it's just going to have to be developmental guys or we may have to look in the international space.

As for 2018, we need to put in work with guys like Quinerly, Slater, Wright, and Carmody. I'm not saying we are going to get those guys but that's where our work needs to be done.

I agree with all of that. '17 had such promise. And then it was one letdown after another, so I get why people (myself included) aren't over it.

Slater really seems to be blowing up and his attention is all over the place at this point.

I don't believe that for one second. I think they are very aware of the potential consequences of not being active. I have to believe that they care at least as much as we do.
It's absurd to think otherwise

Understand this. The staff thought, and they were very wrong, but they thought that pt guard was not a priority this cycle. That is a fact. They went after Green because they thought they could get him. The staff was 100% sold on Howard.
How could they misjudged Howard. He is horrendous.

With both coming from the same school, etc.. I wonder how the Howard situation will ultimately affect the Slater recruitment... :noidea:

Well it appears Howard Washington will be on campus with Brissett today. I've maintained all along that he isn't a Syracuse level guard, but after Kaleb and Frank I'm not sure how much worse he could be.

Well it appears Howard Washington will be on campus with Brissett today. I've maintained all along that he isn't a Syracuse level guard, but after Kaleb and Frank I'm not sure how much worse he could be.
He is better than a walkon getting a scholarship.
If he isn't a ACC level guard he could always transfer out. Our staff needs bodies just to have options.

That's really bad. Even if they thought Howard was going to be an eventual star, having one pure point guard next year is still not ideal. Really bad planning.

Don't forget that this is on the heels of being in the exact same situation this past cycle!! We needed to add Gillon late because we had nothing else. And now, the staff has learned nothing.

If 2017 was a random, out of the blue convergence of bad things all at once, that'd have been one thing. Instead this situation seems par for the course these days. That's why so many of us have little confidence in the staff going forward and are terrified about what our standing in the ACC truly is. We aren't elite. We aren't even the tier below anymore. We're a middle of the pack ACC program with a coaching situation in flux, a barren roster, recruiting that has fallen considerably and what appears to be no real plan for getting this turned around quickly. We needed 2017 to be a big and talented class. We aren't even close to that and will once again have to scramble just to patch together enough bodies to have a team. That's pathetic for a school of SU's history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom