Are we in? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we in?

We aren't getting in with 19 wins, and a 2-7 record against the top 50.

19-12 was a pre-ACC tourney record. So 19-12 is basically the exact same as 20-13, which is why I used it for this analysis. 20-13 would possibly put as at a 2-8 record vs top 50 teams.

So if you think we are clearly out at 19-12, not sure why you see us barely getting in at 20-13.

You have to remember that 1-1 in the ACC tourney will accomplish very little for us resume wise, because that 1 win would be a team that is likely far from a tourney berth, and we would blow another top 50 game on a neutral court.

Last edited:
At the end of the day not getting it done against nova will be a killer. If we are even close having a win on the road against a top ten team would have cemented us being in.

19-12 was a pre-ACC tourney record. So 19-12 is basically the exact same as 20-13. 20-13 would be a 2-8 record vs top 50 teams.

So I don't think we are barely getting in with a 20-13 record, as you posted above.

You have to remember that 1-1 in the ACC tourney will accomplish very little for us resume wise, because that 1 win would be a team that is likely far from a tourney berth, and we would blow another top 50 game on a neutral court.

I have thought more about it, and changed my mind.

We are not losing 8 games in this conference.

I hope so -- 11-7 would give us 20 wins before the ACC tourney.

My best guess right now is that 22 wins (including the ACC tourney) is our sweat free number.
21 is on the right side but we are sweating it out.
20 is on the wrong side.

Perhaps overly simplistic, as the win mix could make 20 wins look better than other 20 wins... but those are my targets I have set right now.

At the end of the day not getting it done against nova will be a killer. If we are even close having a win on the road against a top ten team would have cemented us being in.

Yes.

The one good thing is that the ACC allows redemption games at home, but that 1 massive road win could certainly be the difference.

I think the key is you aren't going to have a lot of 22+ win major teams.
Of course the key is to win enough so you don't have to worry. :rolleyes: Right now, we could easily go either way. The guys are going to have to put on their big boy shorts every game.

All due respect, but who knows what the chuckleheads will do at years end, i mean, tcu is sitting home while osu made the final 4, officials make calls then pick up the flag? Point is u never know what the comitee will do, so good record or not, if putting su. In the tourney as a bubble team will only depend on dollars and cents. Heck, the kids won the first big east tourney in 3 ots and didnt get an invite. Sorry so negative but thats the way it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom