are we moving onto the bubble? | Syracusefan.com

are we moving onto the bubble?

Orangezoo

In the wind
say we lose to gtown and lose early in the bet..is beating depaul enough?

No, but the absolute worst case scenario (losing 6 straight to end season) wouldn't be viewed favorably to say the least.

Thank god for Depaul.

we have no bad losses but other than beating the ville on the road.. we havent beaten good teams in the big east..

No chance. Seed will take a hit though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have no bad losses but other than beating the ville on the road.. we havent beaten good teams in the big east..
Villanova, Cinci and ND would probably qualify. All at home though.

We already have 22 wins, which coming from our conference with our name and the fact that we've been top 12 all season, that's enough. Assuming we beat DePaul, even if we lose to GTown and in the first round of the BET we should still be right around top 25 range. We are not on the bubble.

Not the bubble but not out of the question we lose at G-Town and then the 1st BE tourney game SU would be in the 8/9 game

Only a loss to DePaul could bubble us. We don't have a "bad loss". We didn't lose to VCU by 30 today. Think most folks would have taken a split with Louisville this year. Nova & Uconn are the ones that hurt.

Not the bubble but not out of the question we lose at G-Town and then the 1st BE tourney game SU would be in the 8/9 game

that's possible, but the first round BET game is probably against Seton Hall or something. We should be able to handle that

Real problem for us is that we are running out of time to right the ship. Doesn't appear that there is any real flow on offense or that the players have established roles to make a successful run in the tourney.

We'll be fine but as Marsh mentioned our seed will take a hit. Before G-Town last week, we were looking at a possible 2 seed and now if we lose to G-Town in the final game and have an early exit in the confernce tourney, we may be looking at the 5-6 line. I personally wouldn't mind, as I would like to see us be the hunter instead of the hunted.

No but we're sliding down to #6 or #7 seed in the NCAAT. Probably 5 seed in BET, no double-bye.

Looking at a 7 or 8 seed at this point...yay...

We'll be fine but as Marsh mentioned our seed will take hit. Before G-Town last week, we were looking at a possible 2 seed and now if we lose to G-Town in the final game and have an early exit in the confernce tourney, we may be looking at the 5-6 line. I personally wouldn't mind, as I would like to see us be the hunter instead of the hunted.

Maybe that's this team's master plan - throw a few games so other teams won't take us seriously and we turn it back on and run the tables through the NCAA's! ;)

We're a lock. Stone cold lock. No questions asked lock.

Our RPI was 12 this morning. And will be top 25 no matter what happens with the rest of the season.

This is a question that should not be asked.

The better question is are we a lock for the 2nd round. Now that is something that is debatable.

Wow, that very true. Sure the win @ 'Lille was good but outside of that the next best road win is likely @ Arkansas and the neutral court win against SDSU.

We're a lock. Stone cold lock. No questions asked lock.

Our RPI was 12 this morning. And will be top 25 no matter what happens with the rest of the season.

This is a question that should not be asked.

The better question is are we a lock for the 2nd round. Now that is something that is debatable.

You must not remember 08, this team if it loses out is far from a lock. The NCAA tourney committe has done SU no favors over the years, it was the first team ever with 1o BE Wins not to make the NCAA tourney.

Maybe that's this team's master plan - throw a few games so other teams won't take us seriously and we turn it back on and run the tables through the NCAA's! ;)
If it was all that simple right? manny.png

You must not remember 08, this team if it loses out is far from a lock. The NCAA tourney committe has done SU no favors over the years, it was the first team ever with 1o BE Wins not to make the NCAA tourney.
Our RPI is far too high. We'll be in on the first vote.

This is not worth worrying about in any way shape or form.

i think if we beat Depaul, lose to Gtown, beat the 12/13 seed in round 1, and lose to Pitt, we're a 5 seed. Maybe a 6.

So now we are losing to DePaul?

I'd say we are moving into 5/12 game territory. And in a year like this, the 12's will probably be 4-0. Or 0-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom