are we moving onto the bubble? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

are we moving onto the bubble?

Looking at a 7 or 8 seed at this point...yay...
A win over #1 Louisville at Louisville ( the only #1 team to lost it at home!)
Wins over Cinc, Villanova, ND and Providence when they were on a roll. Even a win over Arkansas there was good.
A win over DePaul makes thm 11-7 in BE and no worse than tied for 6th with probable tie breakers over half those they could be tied with so get 1st round bye in BE tourny and face somebody they beat.
Worse lose? Temple (20 win team) UConn? Villanova?
No, not a bubble team.

If anyone thinks we are a bubble team, I'll be happy to give them at least 2 to 1 odds. Seriously.

We'll be fine but as Marsh mentioned our seed will take a hit. Before G-Town last week, we were looking at a possible 2 seed and now if we lose to G-Town in the final game and have an early exit in the confernce tourney, we may be looking at the 5-6 line. I personally wouldn't mind, as I would like to see us be the hunter instead of the hunted.

if we lose to the Hoyas and early in the BET... there is NO CHANCE we are anything better than a 7 seed. we have very few quality wins this year.

if we lose to the Hoyas and early in the BET... there is NO CHANCE we are anything better than a 7 seed. we have very few quality wins this year.
And the overall landscape of college ball is filled with high-quality teams this year? what.png As mentioned we have an RPI in the top 20 and unless we lose to DePaul and a USF/SHU type team in the Big East tourney. I seriously doubt that we'll drop to a 7 seed.

no worries we shoud be a lock for the nit, with homecourt advantage in the first round.

Is this seriously a thread? Lunardi just moved BOISE ST into the field. We are a 100% lock. If we only beat Depaul the rest of the way, we'll be a 7 seed.

Is this seriously a thread? Lunardi just moved BOISE ST into the field. We are a 100% lock. If we only beat Depaul the rest of the way, we'll be a 7 seed.
It might be the slap in the face jimmy needs to get him off his sanctimonious pedestal he stands on.The problem is we take the hit.

Right now we aren't a bubble team, but keep losing and bad things happen. You don't have a lot of great teams, and with over 30 conference tournaments giving automatic qualifiers, anything can happen. We lose 4of 5 and the 1 game in the Big East tournament, with a lot of upsets, the committee likes to screw JB, makes for good promo for the tournament. They'll re-invent the last ten game rule to keep us out.

they dont actually overvalue the last 12 games anymore as much .if we lose to gtown and beat depaul we should be no worse than a 6 seed heading into bigeast tourney. lose 1st game we likely fall to 7. we have lost games yes but all of our losses lately at to top 3 seeds(1-12 on scurve) likely in the ncaas dont forget that

Only a loss to DePaul could bubble us. We don't have a "bad loss". We didn't lose to VCU by 30 today. Think most folks would have taken a split with Louisville this year. Nova & Uconn are the ones that hurt.

Good post. I don't want to even think about this stuff. Oy. :(

Not the bubble but not out of the question we lose at G-Town and then the 1st BE tourney game SU would be in the 8/9 game
Not a chance we end up as an 8/9 seed. Our computer numbers are still good (BPI 7, kenpom 9, RPI 12). These all grade out to a 3/4 seed. Now adding the look test and how we have played down the stretch I don't think we could do any worse than a 6 seed providing we dont lose to DePaul or a Seton Hall/ Rutgers in the Big East Tournament.

Not a chance we end up as an 8/9 seed. Our computer numbers are still good (BPI 7, kenpom 9, RPI 12). These all grade out to a 3/4 seed. Now adding the look test and how we have played down the stretch I don't think we could do any worse than a 6 seed providing we dont lose to DePaul or a Seton Hall/ Rutgers in the Big East Tournament.

Agreed; as I said before I think that takes us to a 5 seed.

And fwiw, Gtown beat Rutgers, at home, by 6 last night.

Six seed isn''t the end of the world. We would play a 3 seed in the second round and those teams are proving to be quite beatable this year. Especially if its a team that is not familiar with us (like what happened to us two years ago with Marquette). They essentially have one day to prepare for our zone. Not easy. Our next game would be a #2 like Florida who I think we match up well with and they are not a string defensive team. It's all about the matchups at that point.

Dude seriously this is a troll typre thread we could lose our last 2 and first round of the BET and still be in the field!

:bang: :crazy:

I had posted after the Prov win that we were pretty much a lock. It was meant as an acheivement type thing, like 20 wins.

My only concern at that time would have been losing out and losing MCW to injury. If MCW goes out with a broken ankle along with a bad loss to DePaul and we lose out, it is a scenario I would not like to face. That could bubble us. The committee has not been kind in the past.

Dude seriously this is a troll typre thread we could lose our last 2 and first round of the BET and still be in the field!

:bang: :crazy:

Really? I started this thread just to ask the question - lol at accusing this as a troll thread. The question is are we moving into that direction to where we need to justify being in the field. It wasn't saying we were, nor was it saying I don't think we are in the field. It was just a question. Some of you are way too sensitive.

I think if we lose out, we are on the bubble. We are in a freefall. If we lose to Depaul we should be on the bubble. We'd deserve that. It would basically show the team has quit. That's how bad Depaul is.

say we lose to gtown and lose early in the bet..is beating depaul enough?

Let's say they go 0-3 in the next 10 days. Still not 37 better teams that would push SU out. They are a lock. In that scenario they fall to the 8/9 game.

You must not remember 08, this team if it loses out is far from a lock. The NCAA tourney committe has done SU no favors over the years, it was the first team ever with 1o BE Wins not to make the NCAA tourney.

I think you mean 2007. I agree that team got the screw job. But that team lost to Wichita St. and Drexel. Even if they lost to the DePaul and went one and done in the BET they are still nowhere near the bubble.

I think you mean 2007. I agree that team got the screw job. But that team lost to Wichita St. and Drexel. Even if they lost to the DePaul and went one and done in the BET they are still nowhere near the bubble.

I think the 08 team was closer to getting in than the 07 team if you look strictly at the NIT seeds. Though I think that is probably due to the fact the NCAA knew we were screwed in 2007 and that Stanford had no business in the tournament and didn't seed us for that reason.

Like you said though, that 07 team was royally screwed out of an NCAA bid.

Hate to burst your bubble... but nooooo way are we a bubble team.
Simply. Not. Happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom