Are we targeting the wrong areas. Wrong kids because. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Are we targeting the wrong areas. Wrong kids because.

While I don’t miss the point of your post, the staff knew they had little to no shot at Zion, Flip or Clingan. And Kamari and Dior actually committed.

Does anyone else have 3 high profile decommits like Bazley, Dior, and Kamari in recent years? Maybe they do and I just don’t know about it. Just seems like it’s always us.

It was in response to what KCSU posted (someone I generally respect and enjoy on the forum, I should add). But, apparently I'm myopic and pedantic and a bunch of other big words because according to another poster I was supposed to understand something that wasn't written.
It's funny, how often 'Texas' and "big words" are anathema.

Isn't the gist of this bickering that when someone says "never" on a web forum, it doesn't mean "never," in a literal sense? That person is trying to make a point, and any viewer with any amount of adult-level sophistication should infer a more realistic meaning?

If someone writes that JAB "never" takes longer than a three hour flight for recruiting purposes, the response shouldn't really be to get out a protractor and airline schedule to prove that the airport closest to the home of High Schooler X is actually three hours and twenty minutes away [with a headwind].

Driving, flying, or getting a piggyback on Gs shoulders is irrelevant. The point is Jim doesn't make much of an effort to hit the road for recruiting. There is no debate. Its a fact. The assistants do the road work for SU. Our head coach focuses on the recruits when they are in town. Jim is Old school.
Blackberry, notebook, sansabelt .
Twitter is what a bird chirps old school.
He isn't going to change and defending his in house recruiting prowess by referring to a drive visit 3 years ago or an occasional trip to Albany isn't going to change the fact which is he isnt and hasn't worked very hard at recruiting the last 5 or more years. Fortunately until this past season his excellent coaching has been able to create some good post season runs.
This year it caught up to us. Hopefully next year will be better.

When there is no strong rebuttal to make then any will do. And that's how we get to points being made that a Tyus in-home took place 7 years ago instead of 8 as if that is any better and a big win for the JB defense force.
Tyus also went to Michigan. It was his dad that recruited him to SU, not JB.

When there is no strong rebuttal to make then any will do. And that's how we get to points being made that a Tyus in-home took place 7 years ago instead of 8 as if that is any better and a big win for the JB defense force.
Don’t forget it was Mike Hopkins relationship with Gary Battle and staying in contact with him that helped keep us in it with Battle and eventualy flip him.

The idea that JB has done well in recruiting these past years is just narrative. What JB has done is get enough out of what he has had on the roster to not bottom out.

We didn’t bring a guard in last year’s HS class.
The only PG we brought in the last 3 years was KR who left.
We didn’t bring in a SG since Joe Girard 4 years ago who has been thrown in as a PG.

These are conscious decisions. The narrative people just want to defend the status quo. Though the narrative people lost the ability to say we have never had a losing season.
Defense used to matter and I imagine after the last few years defense will matter again.

We didn’t bring a guard in last year’s HS class.
This is pretty indefensible knowing that Buddy was 99% done after this season. Why not bring in a SG or combo who could learn the system with MCW minutes this season and start next?

Because it's too hard to keep them happy?

thats-the-job-job.gif