Are you rooting for the ACC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are you rooting for the ACC?

Why do I really care what happens to the dregs that are left in what was the Big East? They are history.
The fans I've met at ACC games already warrant more respect than I gave most of the opponent fans in the Big East. Well, I'll have to think on NC State a little.

realorange said:
Why do I really care what happens to the dregs that are left in what was the Big East? They are history. The fans I've met at ACC games already warrant more respect than I gave most of the opponent fans in the Big East. Well, I'll have to think on NC State a little.

Since I don't see myself ever attending an ACC road game involving SU, it's really hard to pull for those schools. They mean nothing to me.

Everyone but Duke.

It's as simple as that, forever.

No. Nor would I expect the old ACC to root for Syracuse. Loyalty is earned.

Wral.com has message boards for all 3 triangle area teams (unc, nc state, and duke) go there and look at their comments about pitt and Syracuse and tell me how you could possibly root for any of them. And that includes if they play Kentucky! They hate us and that's fine with me.

Absolutely rooting for the ACC teams. Have to show up those who said ACC was an inferior conference this year. And as Texan Mark said, we get MONEY based on how the ACC teams do. We had to leave a lot of money on the table (NCAA units) when we left the Big East last year ... including a lot we had won for the conference. Conference pride and monetary rewards based on how the ACC teams do. I am all for it.

PS... I am astounded by all the sudden love for Pitt in this thread. It was not too long ago that folks here HATED Pitt when we were both in the Big East. Really strange how you guys suddenly embrace them to the exclusion of the other ACC teams.

I will however admit that I am rooting for Providence against UNC. But that is because I know and like Ed Cooley and admire the job he has done there.

Couldn't agree more...I'll be rooting for all ACC teams other than Pitt. Can't stand them, their style of play, or their snarly ass coach.

If Zanna has a game close to what he had against UNC then Pitt is moving on.

I was going to post on a separate thread until I saw this one. I'll be rooting for the ACC teams. If it were up to me, I'd have all 6 ACC teams advance, have an all ACC final four, an All Acc final, and an ACC champion if it were possible.

Good luck Cuse. Hope you guys make a deep run. All new season now, and Cuse can make a lot of noise. Best of luck!

How does that work mark? Does the conference split all these units equally, or do the teams that advance get more...? The valuation of our team was credited with increased revenue because of our successful recent tourney runs. Sweet 16 or farther means more $$$. At leaSt it did in the BE. Also, any idea what each round is worth this year?

Just a guess. The ACC has nearly equal revenue distribution so the NCAA units would be pooled and evenly split. I think they give a small % more to the big earners but not significantly more in Football...they might do the same in hoops. But essentially it is evenly split.

If it benefits SU during the tourney, sure. Otherwise NFW. Never have never will.

Absolutely rooting for the ACC teams. Have to show up those who said ACC was an inferior conference this year. And as Texan Mark said, we get MONEY based on how the ACC teams do. We had to leave a lot of money on the table (NCAA units) when we left the Big East last year ... including a lot we had won for the conference. Conference pride and monetary rewards based on how the ACC teams do. I am all for it.

PS... I am astounded by all the sudden love for Pitt in this thread. It was not too long ago that folks here HATED Pitt when we were both in the Big East. Really strange how you guys suddenly embrace them to the exclusion of the other ACC teams.

I will however admit that I am rooting for Providence against UNC. But that is because I know and like Ed Cooley and admire the job he has done there.
Not me. I HATE Pitt. If Pitt was playing Mussolini, I would have to think long and hard about who to root for - and against. I hope they never win another game - ever.

Other than that, I am in the Let's Go ACC camp - any time the conference wins, it's good for SU (if for nothing else, than the NCAA units).

Last edited:
Why do I really care what happens to the dregs that are left in what was the Big East? They are history.
The fans I've met at ACC games already warrant more respect than I gave most of the opponent fans in the Big East. Well, I'll have to think on NC State a little.

You can get a bad case of heartburn like that. :)

Most of the ACC - yes

Specifically,
UNC - yes (although I am happy for PC and wouldn't be upset if they won a few either)
NC State - yes
UVA - yes
Duke - questionable (although I have like Coach K a lot more this year)
Pitt - No

I obviously only really care about one team though.

Syracuse first

Then my bracket

Then maybe I will think about rooting for the ACC

My thoughts exactly. I won't root for Duke or UNC - just don't like them - but I wouldn't mind NC State doing something (as long as it doesn't mess with my bracket).

I don't see this ACC team on the bracket anywhere...what seed are they? ;)

Pundits love to jump on a conference that struggles in the first week and never let it go so for the first week so I'm all ACC during weekend one and then well see after that...depending on the mood I'm in on how SU does.

I think it will be interesting to see how the A-10 does compared to the ACC now that Coach K went off on his whine about both leagues getting 6 teams in the tourney.

I'm rooting for any and all ACC teams. They're our partners in a business that's important to me. ACC successes in the tournament are good for all ACC schools, including SU. For one thing, I'd like to be the ones to knock Virginia & Duke out of the tournament. I like our new partners in the ACC, but I'd especially like to beat them at every opportunity.

Just Pitt and probably UVA. Rooting for UNC over Providence just seems unamerican.

I wouldn't cheer for Pitt if you held a gun on me.

My tournament prediction will be Dixon is on the court and doesn't get called for a technical.

Straight cash homie! If SU doesn't win the title I hope UVA does. I will root for the ACC because as Mark and others have said it gets SU more money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom