Are you rooting for the ACC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are you rooting for the ACC?

Having a hard time not rooting for old BE (except UCONN). Want to root for new ACC (except Pitt, F Dixon).

So I think the way to do it is to root against the B1G and the SEC. B1G because they act like they invented basketball, and SEC because I detest Kentucky and PayPal Cal.

Yes. In order after Syracuse:
1. Pitt
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. Virginia
5. NC State
6. UNC

That said, I'm not going to schedule my weekend around watching these teams, I'm more rooting for them once the Sweet 16 comes around and people start paying attention to which conferences have the most teams. If the ACC is well represented, it definitely helps the future perception of Syracuse.

I suppose I will be, although it won't be as strong as it used to be for the Big East teams. I'll also root for Villanova and Louisville and against UConn. I will root against Kentucky and Florida. My disdain for all things SEC is almost as strong as my fanhood for Syracuse.

I rooted once for another team, UConn to beat Duke in that Final 4 game...and now we hear about it nonstop. So, no, won't do that again

I'll cheer on our ACC brethren unless they blow it to an underdog, at which point I'll laugh hysterically. Just like they'd do to us/me.

F NO! I grew up hating every conference outside the BE, especially the acc. How people can change their whole mindset is crazy to me. Northeast basketball. That's where I played on playgrounds and what shaped me. That new booty, root for the conference bs is fake to me. If we weren't playing in the acc we'd be in another major conference so why would I have any loyalty to them? I'll always root for all the old BE teams as I did in every NCAA tourney unless we played them. It's the brand I roll with..

I've filled out an all big east final 4 every year since I've known to write.

No I am not rooting for the ACC
I'm not either, and I think back somewhere in the 80's, you almost had your wish, seems like 3 be teams, st johns, gt, and one other were in the final four and bc lost in the elite 8. maybe someone w/ a memory would know better just seems like i remember that.

I am only rooting for Virginia. It's a nice story and I want to see them do well and get to the Final 4. I don't really care.

As for Duke, UNC, Pitt. Hate them and want them to lose.

Like Duke or UNC, we are a national power. No matter what the image of the conference we are going to be seeded well for the tourney as long as play well that year. The image in any given year could make the difference of a seed or two... but that is just "paper" stuff. We get in the tourney either way and need to ultimately win on the floor.

Conference matters when you are a bubble level program fairly consistently. We have surpassed that.

asa matter of fact the first matchup I pick is pitt to lose early like always

I only root for the teams I pick to win in the pool...except for Syracuse. I may pick them to lose in the 2nd 3rd 4th round but they are the only team that I am willing to lose $$ for. ;)

How can anyone root for the old Big East teams? Uconn, Villanova and Providence? Piss on 'em - they can rot in their second-rate leagues.

I think that "Requiem for the Big East" has rekindled the kinship for some, but let it go. JB said it best - be nostalgic for what we had, but it is long gone.

Out of sight, out of mind for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom