Areas of concern for this year's team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Areas of concern for this year's team

How can they be underwhelming before practice even starts?

and they aren't even allowed to be working with coaches. let's at least wait until they are actually doing something football wise before they underwhelm anyone

When people talk about concerns at WR, TE seems to be the forgotten position. Wales is a very good receiving TE and there was obviously enough talent behind him that the staff felt comfortable moving a 4* recruit to another position. Wales caught 35 passes for 400 yards and 2 TDs last season. That's second only to West by 7 catches. I think we're going to see him getting the ball quite a bit.

and they aren't even allowed to be working with coaches. let's at least wait until they are actually doing something football wise before they underwhelm anyone

Wait until whenever you want. Just sharing that someone on the team feels the current players atop the depth chart aren't showing why he would expect at this point. We shall see...

When people talk about concerns at WR, TE seems to be the forgotten position. Wales is a very good receiving TE and there was obviously enough talent behind him that the staff felt comfortable moving a 4* recruit to another position. Wales caught 35 passes for 400 yards and 2 TDs last season. That's second only to West by 7 catches. I think we're going to see him getting the ball quite a bit.

It appears Josh Parris got bigger and the staff like him a lot. We also got that prep guy from Seattle to fill the David Stevens role. I think we're fine at TE considering we likely aren't going to be running 2 TE power sets.

If the oline and dline play well all the other questions will be able to take of themselves. It gives the receivers extra time to get open along with help with play actions and if the dline can get that penetration it will allow some mistakes/weaknesses to be hidden from the lb's and db's. I have faith that Hunt or Allen will be solid at worst and the strengths up front will add confidence to any of the qb's back there unlike the horror poor Kevin Mason went through. If Parris or another player can step up at tightend that will help quite a bit. West is ready to be the man and the rest is solid but we need somebody to stretch the defense and hopefully Kobena/Clark/Broyld or someone else will open up the field for us.

Special teams wise I'm still not sold on Fisher but he does have the potential to be a 40 yard decent hang time guy. I just want a good consistent job back there.

It appears Josh Parris got bigger and the staff like him a lot. We also got that prep guy from Seattle to fill the David Stevens role. I think we're fine at TE considering we likely aren't going to be running 2 TE power sets.

I recall hearing good things about Parris in practice last season as well. My point was that WR may be a concern but TE is not. If our TE is our second leading receiver and our RBs are as good as expected, we could have another good year ahead of us on offense.

Nice Post. Every time we enter a new Qb era I start to worry. When Mcnabb left, every year after til Nassib was painful. But every position you list are legit concerns. I hope we get pleasantly surprised, but would not be shocked to take a step back with all the changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom