Arizona - Xavier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona - Xavier

Someone has to break through in this region. I did a rough count so I may be off 1 on either side but I found this interesting:

Gonzaga and Xavier have both been to 8 sweet 16's but never made the final 4.

Arizona has reached the sweet 16 for the 9th time since it last made the final 4.

Yea, if AZ wins, it'll be the top 2 coaches all time with most tourney wins w/o a FF going for their first, head to head in Miller v Few

Ugh. Zona heating up. This could be game over if Xavier doesn't respond on this possession.

BTW, I think Battle can be on the same level at Trier if he realizes that he is able to get to the hoop like Trier is showing this half. Kid's a gamer and so is Tyus. Gets me fired up to see what Battle will do next year.

Yea, if AZ wins, it'll be the top 2 coaches all time with most tourney wins w/o a FF going for their first, head to head in Miller and Few

Yeah, that's the nature of the tournament. It's a statisticians dream. If you're a good enough coach and you get enough chances... you're gonna make a F4. The name of the game is really being good enough every year to compete for a SW16. After that, it's a crap shoot. You make enough SW16s, you will eventually make a F4. Few will get one eventually, Miller will get one eventually. Both of these guys are too good not to make a F4.

I'd give the same analysis in 1986 watching JB coach SU. Dude was too talented not to make a F4...

Macura is Chris Mack's son. Just look at Mack, his wife, and the boy. They gave him a made-up name so he wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of being the son of the coach. He probably has the Mack family seal tattooed on his forearm and he wears the sleeves to cover it up.

It's great because instead of being the most despised player on the team, he's the most beloved.

Two three.. What's the in game odds here?

What a game!! These mini-runs have been crazy. Back and forth. Gotta love it!!!

This should be Blueitt vs. Trier down the stretch.

God I wish they had possession review back in 1992. We would have beat UMass if that existed. No Pointer Williams fluke 3-point shot...

No bigger surprise in the sweet 16 than Xavier. Not only because they are an #11 seed, but they did everything down the stretch to show they were not a tourney team. But Mack has always done fairly well in getting his teams to the second week.
Holy sheep shart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom