Arizona - Xavier | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona - Xavier

Guess the Big East is still the best incubator for developing great coaches.

This Chris Mack is something else. The plays he dialed up and the X execution was crazy good. Nobody played poorly. High level game and X has dealt with adversity recently. Great win. Nice to see them get this win after suffering a round of 32 loss to a Bronson Koenig 3 buzzer beater last year. Love this Chris Mack.

Someone is going to their first final four, and once again Sean Miller chokes in a big spot.

It's not like they got bounced first round or something. This should all be credit to Chris Mack and X. Syracuse wouldn't be able to even compete in a game like this.

It's not like they got bounced first round or something. This should all be credit to Chris Mack and X. Syracuse wouldn't be able to even compete in a game like this.

This was maybe their best chance to get to a Final Four, Xavier played very well, but Zona has to be kicking themselves for giving this game away.

This was maybe their best chance to get to a Final Four, Xavier played very well, but Zona has to be kicking themselves for giving this game away.

True but X isn't some damn scrub. The better team won tonight much like South Carolina VS Duke the other day.

Macura is Chris Mack's son. Just look at Mack, his wife, and the boy. They gave him a made-up name so he wouldn't have to deal with the stigma of being the son of the coach. He probably has the Mack family seal tattooed on his forearm and he wears the sleeves to cover it up.

Wallpaper_UFO_Widescreen_Alien_Saucer_Forest-800x500drk.jpg

F the damn 11 seed. X can always ball. Mack is an excellent coach. These leads evaporate in a heartbeat every game in the Tourney. My only gripe is them not getting Markannen touches late in the game.

i get tired of the Pac hate too sometimes, as I think you do. They just don't stay up late enough to know that hoops are pretty good out left.

Miller gave a lot of credit to Mack. Said he called good out of bounds plays. And said their zone was good and made it difficult for asu to get what they were used to getting.

I like both coaches. I really don't think it's a reflection on coaching when guys like Few and Miller haven't gone deep. Matchups and seeding are just two of many factors in a single elimination tournament that make it so difficult. I don't think anyone is really surprised by a close game btw a 2/11 anymore.

A 2 seed losing to an 11 seed in the sweet 16 is bad no matter how you wanna try to spin it. Its even worse when you have an 8 point lead with 4 mins left. And It's even worse when you consider arizona's recent history in the tournament being a high seed every year and not making a f4.

This was a devastating loss for them, no other way to put it. And what's Syracuse got to do with it? They were an nit team this year so of course they're not on these teams level. But last I checked they made the f4 last year and 2013, what has Arizona done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom