Arkansas to play home and home series with Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Arkansas to play home and home series with Rutgers

BayonneOrange

Scout Team
According to nj.com, Rutgers will play at Arkansas this fall on Sept 22nd. Then head to Fayetteville the 2013 season.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4G using Tapatalk.

Sorry...will play at Rutgers in 2013.

as I said in a thread about this the other day - and as if any further evidence was needed, but this is just further proof of what a huge pu##y greg schiano was (is)

$100 billion says they cancel the second half...
You'd think Pernetti would've made the buy-out large enough to prevent this. Since the Arkansas coach is of the same ilk as HCGS, you never know.

According to nj.com, Rutgers will play at Arkansas this fall on Sept 22nd. Then head to Fayetteville the 2013 season.

As in the Arkansas University? Or, does Fayetteville, Arkansas have a really good high school team?

Arkansas won't buyout of the return game because RU wouldn't be dumb enough to make the buyout low enough for them to do so. However, this just shows that Boise State won't be in the Big East next year because Boise St would be entered into WVU's slot and RU was suppose to play @WVU and would probably be playing @Boise St if they were coming in and I doubt Rutgers will travel cross the country twice in 1 year. Also, this scheduling shows how gutless Schiano truly was to play anybody good in the non-conference. I also love how Rutgers is making this like they are playing the big boys now Congrats on actually scheduling a team that has talent. Syracuse has consistently played tough non-conference games every year.

Good for them to finally put a big boy team on their schedule; even if it means getting embarrassed. Arkansas will put a woodshed beating on them - 55-10 type @ss whooping. Home and away.

Seems pretty obvious that Rutgers was forced into this game by their financial situation.

This, of course, violates the Schiano strategy of "play nobody" since the fans are so dumb they have to be fed wins over the weakest teams in college football.

Using the Fresno State game as a guide, Arkansas will kill them, But they are in such deep $$$ they will have to take the beating.

Can't wait for the road trip to SEC country this year and it will be great to have the Razorbacks come to Rutgers next year. Although GS was following the Frank Beamer model of scheduling it is clear Pernetti(and seemingly Flood) have a different philosphy.

Pernetti has now added Penn St, UCLA, Miami and now Arkansas to our future schedules and I love that all of these teams will be playing at Rutgers stadium and not moved off campus when they travel here.

why move off campus-you would have to set up a whole nother table to give free tickets away from-what a pain in the a@# that would be

at least wake up to the reality that is YOUR new big whatever -and that you have the lowest paid staff in the big east-

just a matter of time till your everyones home coming game again -3-4 years at best

Can't wait for the road trip to SEC country this year and it will be great to have the Razorbacks come to Rutgers next year. Although GS was following the Frank Beamer model of scheduling it is clear Pernetti(and seemingly Flood) have a different philosphy.

Pernetti has now added Penn St, UCLA, Miami and now Arkansas to our future schedules since his arrival and I love that all of these teams will be playing at Rutgers stadium and not moved off campus.

Enjoy the road trip to SEC country. Its a great time. One of the many negatives of being a Rutgers fan is that you don't get to do the big boy road trip thing much. But finally your admins were painted into a corner with the conference reshuffling and Pernetti had no choice. But at least you didn't schedule a HS. It will be ugly for your boys but it will be fun.

just 1 little quick note on schiano, at least for 2012 hes basically considered 1 of the 32 best people in the WORLD at his job.

id say he 'scheduled' his way there appropriatly.

hmmmm...not a cupcake like stonybrook...sorry guys...if you want to get better you play against better...a low level bowl game means nothing

Pernetti has now added Penn St, UCLA, Miami and now Arkansas to our future schedules and I love that all of these teams will be playing at Rutgers stadium and not moved off campus when they travel here.

I love you're little dig at Syracuse about moving marquee games off campus since we've had plenty of big boy teams play in the Carrier Dome over the years. In fact Penn State just played us in the Carrier Dome, as have Washington, Iowa, Norwestern, Florida State, Minnesota, Wake Forest etc. all in the last 5-7 years.

I also like how one team you're trumpeting, Miami, will now be playing Syracuse fairly regularly - and at the Carrier Dome. Oh as will, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Florida State etc.

And UCLA stinks. I think their last regular season above .500 came in 2005. Not really a marquee OOC game but whatever.

hmmmm...not a cupcake like stonybrook...sorry guys...if you want to get better you play against better...a low level bowl game means nothing

that, gimme a break, Syracuse is playing USC, Minnesota and Northwestern OOC. Rutgers is playing Arkansas wow. Now maybe if they can get 2 more BCS teams this year they'll be on to something - oh that's right they can't because they have a 1AA and a couple of other slugs.

Just curious how playing against better teams every weekend and losing the game makes you better?

It's 2012 and we're applauding Rutgers for playing a good team. 'Nuff said.

that, gimme a break, Syracuse is playing USC, Minnesota and Northwestern OOC. Rutgers is playing Arkansas wow.
since when is rutgirls a comparison for us...Minnesota and Northwestern are middle to bad big 10...but agree nice brands to play...but do you think that a Stony Brook game means anything if we win...wait, what if we lose?????????????????

since when is rutgirls a comparison for us...Minnesota and Northwestern are middle to bad big 10...but agree nice brands to play...but do you think that a Stony Brook game means anything if we win...wait, what if we lose?????????????????

Well we're not going to lose and if we ever did then the staff should be fired immediately.

That said, there is too much for me to list about the benefits of playin inferior competition early in the season. If I had my way Stony Brook would be the opener. But whatever, you've obviously never played sports.

Good for them. They'll finally get a shot at proving their merit vs a big time program.

Are you that closed minded as it goes to scheduling. We had 3 openings almost EVERY Division 1 school plays 1 1-AA opponent at home. While I don't look forward to watching us play 1-AA teams I accept its a week for an easier matchup. To pay the bills we have to play 6 home games atleast every year. Unlike most Big East teams we play tougher OOC schedules Pitt, WVU, and SU have challenged themselves.

I love you're little dig at Syracuse about moving marquee games off campus since we've had plenty of big boy teams play in the Carrier Dome over the years. In fact Penn State just played us in the Carrier Dome, as have Washington, Iowa, Norwestern, Florida State, Minnesota, Wake Forest etc. all in the last 5-7 years.

I also like how one team you're trumpeting, Miami, will now be playing Syracuse fairly regularly - and at the Carrier Dome. Oh as will, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Florida State etc.

And UCLA stinks. I think their last regular season above .500 came in 2005. Not really a marquee OOC game but whatever.

It wasn't a dig at you. I was happy that Pernetti was able to get a true home and home with some great teams. I know that Penn St and Arkansas wanted the Meadowlands for the most exposure and seating but I'm glad he was able to keep those games on campus which is exciting for the fans.

On the UCLA series, I don't know any true fan of college football that wouldn't be excited to play a game in the Rose Bowl...

It wasn't a dig at you. I was happy that Pernetti was able to get a true home and home with some great teams. I know that Penn St and Arkansas wanted the Meadowlands for the most exposure and seating but I'm glad he was able to keep those games on campus which is exciting for the fans.

On the UCLA series, I don't know any true fan of college football that wouldn't be excited to play a game in the Rose Bowl...

It's a shame that the Rutgers fanbase will be visiting Arkansas in the Fall. I think y'all would really enjoy Toad Suck Ferry Days.