Arkansas to play home and home series with Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arkansas to play home and home series with Rutgers

Can't wait for the road trip to SEC country this year and it will be great to have the Razorbacks come to Rutgers next year. Although GS was following the Frank Beamer model of scheduling it is clear Pernetti(and seemingly Flood) have a different philosphy.

Pernetti has now added Penn St, UCLA, Miami and now Arkansas to our future schedules and I love that all of these teams will be playing at Rutgers stadium and not moved off campus when they travel here.

Rutgers Out of Conference Scheduling the last ten years:

14 AQ games, 10 1-AA games, 24 Non-AQ.

SU by contrast,

28 AQ games, 6 1-AA games, 12 Non-AQ.

As for taking a shot as to where those games will be played, FU. In the LAST TEN YEARS Rutgers has had Illinois, Mich St., Maryland, and UNC (2) visit. That's 5 games in 10 seasons. That's the list.

SU it's expected to have AQ teams come here to play. If we choose to move one of our multiple games a year to an off campus location, that's an option.

Last ten years SU has had FSU, BC, UNC, UVA, Wake, Illinois, Iowa, Minny, PSU, ND, UW play here. In '01 Auburn played here. And we will still have AQ teams come here in the future.

since when is rutgirls a comparison for us...Minnesota and Northwestern are middle to bad big 10...but agree nice brands to play...but do you think that a Stony Brook game means anything if we win...wait, what if we lose?????????????????

Jesus. Enough already.

hmmmm...not a cupcake like stonybrook...sorry guys...if you want to get better you play against better...a low level bowl game means nothing
Don't worry, Rutgers already has Howard on their schedule.

I don't know what you don't like about Syracuse's current OOC lineup... 3 BCS level opponents... likely a 4th on the way. That'll be 10 games against BCS opposition. Let's take a look at the rest of the Big East. For each I'll list it as "B out of T = P%" (BCS opponents out of Total scheduled so far).

Rutgers: 7 out of 11 = 64% (@Arkansas)
Cincinnati: 7 out of 10 = 70% (VPI @ Landover)
Louisville: 8 out of 11 = 73% (Kentucky, North Carolina)
Yukon: 8 out of 11 = 73% (NC State, @Maryland - should be fun)
USF: 8 out of 11 = 73% (FSU, @Miami)
Pittsburgh: 8 out of 10 = 80% (VPI, @Notre Dame)
Syracuse: 9 out of 10 = 90% (Northwestern, @Minnesota, USC @ Meadowlands)

FYI: 10 out of 12 = 83%, which is where I expect Syracuse to finish.

Don't worry, Rutgers already has Howard on their schedule.

I don't know what you don't like about Syracuse's current OOC lineup... 3 BCS level opponents... likely a 4th on the way. That'll be 10 games against BCS opposition. Let's take a look at the rest of the Big East. For each I'll list it as "B out of T = P%" (BCS opponents out of Total scheduled so far).

Rutgers: 7 out of 11 = 64% (@Arkansas)
Cincinnati: 7 out of 10 = 70% (VPI @ Landover)
Louisville: 8 out of 11 = 73% (Kentucky, North Carolina)
Yukon: 8 out of 11 = 73% (NC State, @Maryland - should be fun)
USF: 8 out of 11 = 73% (FSU, @Miami)
Pittsburgh: 8 out of 10 = 80% (VPI, @Notre Dame)
Syracuse: 9 out of 10 = 90% (Northwestern, @Minnesota, USC @ Meadowlands)

FYI: 10 out of 12 = 83%, which is where I expect Syracuse to finish.
Good post if this doesn't get people to about our schedule nothing will. We are playing more BCS opponents non-conference than anyone in the Big East, and one of the last 2 games has to be a low I-A school and the other should be Florida State to help them out. We should be able to split the Big 10 games, and win the 1-AA. So that is 2-1, and if we play another lower I-A and lose to USC and Florida State that would be 3-3 and we should be able to go 4-2 in the Big EAST to get 7-5.

Pernetti has now added Penn St, UCLA, Miami and now Arkansas to our future schedules and I love that all of these teams will be playing at Rutgers stadium and not moved off campus when they travel here.

I have been reading this same post for the last 10 years. I read it last year too. My response now, is the same as it was then. "Gee that's swell. I'll believe it WHEN it happens. Not when it is planned. Until then..."

Can't wait for the road trip to SEC country this year and it will be great to have the Razorbacks come to Rutgers next year. Although GS was following the Frank Beamer model of scheduling it is clear Pernetti(and seemingly Flood) have a different philosphy.

---------------------

RU OOC schedule

2012: Tulane, Kent State, Arkansas, Army, Howard
2013: Fresno State, Eastern Michigan, Arkansas, Norfolk State
2014: Penn State, Navy, Tulane
2015: Temple, Penn State, Army
2016: UCLA, Temple
2017: UCLA, Temple
2018:Temple, Miami
2019: Miami

With the conference changes, RU needs to play higher profile teams if it hopes to maintain fan support and gain recognition that might give it visibility should expansion resume.

My guess is the strategy of playing teams like that scheduled for 2012-13 has simply reinforced RU's poor brand, and any wins have been seen as wins over second-third tier teams.

hmmmm...not a cupcake like stonybrook...sorry guys...if you want to get better you play against better...a low level bowl game means nothing

Dude, Stronybrook is our FCS game. Rutgers already has about 3 of them. Look at their murders row before they added Arkansas. Howard, Kent St, Army, Tulane. Even WITH Arkansas their OOC can't touch ours and we'll still be adding a couple.

since when is rutgirls a comparison for us...Minnesota and Northwestern are middle to bad big 10...but agree nice brands to play...but do you think that a Stony Brook game means anything if we win...wait, what if we lose?????????????????

dude, you're comparing stoneybrook to arkansas. our stoneybrook is their howard. our usc is their arkansas. this isn't really hard and i don't know why you are struggling here.

So you're saying going 4-8 getting curb stomped by a fantasticly tough OOC schedule is just as good as going 7-5 and bowling with a 1AA, couple non-AQs, and a couple AQs (with one preseason top 5)? Interesting viewpoint...

My prediction is that Rutgers gets a beat down from AR. But they have just enough to be on top of the three way tie for 1st place at the end of the season.

For an entire month, the BE (and Rutgers) will get pounded for not being able to put a qualified team in the BCS bowl. Rutgers then gets bent over in the BCS bowl.

The chain events will be the final nail in the BE AQ status coffin.

My prediction is that I don't give a rat's A#% what happens to Buttgers against Arkansas, Bumfolk State or anyone else.