Arm Talent... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arm Talent...

I've seen everyone listed, watched many of them in practice as well as games, Devito by far is the best pure passer this program has ever had.
I agree with this. Based on what Jake asked, the answer is Tommy. He throws pure, beautiful spirals, has -perfect throwing form, has an absolute gun for an arm and in throwing drills anyway, look like he can make any throw required of him.

Just basing things on pure throwing ability, he is your man.

Totally agree, if you are talking about listing the best QBs in SU history, there is a completely different list of players right now. Tommy has to prove he belongs on that list on the field. I look forward to seeing where he fits.

Will Ferrell impression of James Lipton voice: (clears throat) if you would ever so scroll to the hour that is 2 and the minute that marks 18... and witness the majesty the beauty that is ... TOMMY GUNS... ..... in all seriousness though were in for a fun few years hope tommy joins dungey to the hall of su legends

Last edited:

Will Ferrell impression of James Lipton voice: (clears throat) if you would ever so scroll to the hour that is 2 and the minute that marks 18... and witness the majesty the beauty that is ... TOMMY GUNS... ... in all seriousness though were in for a fun few years hope tommy joins dungey su the hall of su legends
For those keeping track at home the clock was 2:18:01 at snap an 2:18:03 at delivery for a sub 3 second release.

Pretty impressive when you consider he threw it from his own 20 to the opposing 35, for a 45 yard pass IN THE AIR, on the money, with no clutch or hitch.

So a 55 yard total play done with less than 3 seconds of block time for the OL.

This is why I am less worried about the line than others (I’m a little worried but much less than consensus).

Tee-shirt Tommy’s (tm) quick delivery (even for long throws) combined with an improved running game will be enough to offset any drop off in the line.

Lastly, beyond getting the two experienced reinforcements of Alexander and Tisdale, all the other starting linemen are now in their 3rd and 4th years of MFNSE S&C program along with coaching by Stanard.

Yeah, I’m a glass half full guy, so what?!?!

For those keeping track at home the clock was 2:18:01 at snap an 2:18:03 at delivery for a sub 3 second release.

Pretty impressive when you consider he threw it from his own 20 to the opposing 35, for a 45 yard pass IN THE AIR, on the money, with no clutch or hitch.

So a 55 yard total play done with less than 3 seconds of block time for the OL.

This is why I am less worried about the line than others (I’m a little worried but much less than consensus).

Tee-shirt Tommy’s (tm) quick delivery (even for long throws) combined with an improved running game will be enough to offset any drop off in the line.

Lastly, beyond getting the two experienced reinforcements of Alexander and Tisdale, all the other starting linemen are now in their 3rd and 4th years of MFNSE S&C program along with coaching by Stanard.

Yeah, I’m a glass half full guy, so what?!?!
Oh you wanted to know about the throw to NJ as well?

Sub 3 second release (2 secs of game clock)

50 yards IN THE AIR

On the money

No hitch or clutch

Tee Shirt Tommy (tm) thanks Dungey for willing this program to 10 wins (that tommy actually helped with 20% of them) and says next stop CFP.

For arm talent, Kevin Mason. Threw a good long ball. Great arm strength. Raiders drafted him on arm potential alone.

I remember the story about the backup QB who could reportedly throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. He was asked about it and said "Yes, it's true. Unfortunately we don't have that throw in the playbook." Kevin Mason or Keith Downing?

McNabb has to be one of the most under appreciated athletes here. I once saw him warmup at the 20 and pumped about 10 in a row into the end zone. Effortless

I remember the story about the backup QB who could reportedly throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. He was asked about it and said "Yes, it's true. Unfortunately we don't have that throw in the playbook." Kevin Mason or Keith Downing?
I heard that about Mason. Same exact story. He wasn’t as mobile as Graves and so flaws in the line showed more as I remember. He crushed the freeze option. I’ve also told the story here about Darius lighting him up and breaking his hand in spring ball before his one season at the helm.

I heard that about Mason. Same exact story. He wasn’t as mobile as Graves and so flaws in the line showed more as I remember. He crushed the freeze option. I’ve also told the story here about Darius lighting him up and breaking his hand in spring ball before his one season at the helm.

Mason was putting those deep balls right on the money in that Oklahoma game in 94!

That season ended so lame though. Started 6-1 and finished by getting shut out twice in a row and missing a bowl at 7-4.

McNabb has to be one of the most under appreciated athletes here. I once saw him warmup at the 20 and pumped about 10 in a row into the end zone. Effortless

I don't think that's true at all. I think the vast majority of the people here understand how good McNabb was.

I have watched in person since 1966 every SU QB. Tommy is the best pure passer i have ever seen on the Hill.

Agreed but the great ones seem to thrive on it. Im expecting great things from him.

That's the hope. That, and the OL holding up... if that happens, could be a year the likes we have not seen in a long, long time.

I’m wondering if his legs and improvisational ability are overshadowing his arm a bit?

Like the Tennessee play where he escaped the sack, and completed the deep ball. The escape was so spectacular that it almost overshadowed how incredible the throw actually was?

That VT tight end throwback game winner was an insane throw too.

Wendell Lowry? He threw a bomb in the Louisville game in Japan. ;)

I’m wondering if his legs and improvisational ability are overshadowing his arm a bit?

Like the Tennessee play where he escaped the sack, and completed the deep ball. The escape was so spectacular that it almost overshadowed how incredible the throw actually was?

That VT tight end throwback game winner was an insane throw too.
Yep. Or the throw against the Cowboys on Monday night

I thought that was Mason.

I thought that was Malik Campbell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom