Arm Talent... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Arm Talent...

I enjoyed the Mason year given we were supposed to be awful but we were actually pretty solid and Mason was a big part of that. Enjoyable topic and interesting seeing everyone's responses. The only question I have is how good a QB tommy is b/c I'm not sure there was a huge difference in arm strength and ability to throw the ball between McNabb and whomever (Mason, Downing, RJ Anderson ...), but there is about an ocean-width of distance between how good those guys all were at playing the position.

Love hearing all the excitement about TD but I'm hoping it translates to more than simply the ability to occasionally throw an amazing deep ball.

Mason could wing it! That Syracuse team was a bowl team during a limited bowl era. Mcnabb had the best arm I’ve seen and it’s honestly not even close.

I enjoyed the Mason year given we were supposed to be awful but we were actually pretty solid and Mason was a big part of that. Enjoyable topic and interesting seeing everyone's responses. The only question I have is how good a QB tommy is b/c I'm not sure there was a huge difference in arm strength and ability to throw the ball between McNabb and whomever (Mason, Downing, RJ Anderson ...), but there is about an ocean-width of distance between how good those guys all were at playing the position.

Love hearing all the excitement about TD but I'm hoping it translates to more than simply the ability to occasionally throw an amazing deep ball.
Just about any Qb can throw a deep ball
Even non qbs , elite arm talent is the ability to drive the ball on intermediat and out routes.
Qbs who don’t have the arm strength get exposed on those throws . You don’t always need that arm talent but when you do it’s a weapon . Stay thirsty my friends

Well Teeshirt Tommy (tm) has already saved our arse in multiple games with more than just deep balls.

So I would say, fear not my friend.

McNabb has to be one of the most under appreciated athletes here. I once saw him warmup at the 20 and pumped about 10 in a row into the end zone. Effortless
Meh... I can throw from the 20 into the end zone ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom