Army/Rutgizz Tix Sales Maybe Not So Hot? | Syracusefan.com

Army/Rutgizz Tix Sales Maybe Not So Hot?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
http://www.rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=149468304&mid=149468304&sid=988&style=2

We traveled 20-25k for a mid day, middle of the week middling bowl game...lets see how they do. I heard Rutgers is NYC's team. Army will travel a minimum of 3500 cadets and at least 15k fans IMHO.

http://www.rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=149506849&mid=149506849&sid=988&style=2

Best quote on there:

"Got section 104 - not bad for free seats..."

Followed up by:

"Yes, 2 tickets in Sect 104, $120.85 each on ticketmaster. Good Deal for us and the charity."

http://www.rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=149468304&mid=149468304&sid=988&style=2

We traveled 20-25k for a mid day, middle of the week middling bowl game...lets see how they do. I heard Rutgers is NYC's team. Army will travel a minimum of 3500 cadets and at least 15k fans IMHO.

HaHa giving away free tix. They said they would never do that.

Sounds like most are staying home...even though they have a commuter train that literally could take them steps away from the Stadium.

Oddly they've been advertising this game every day for at least the past 6 weeks on the front page of the Connecticut Post sports section, which is the regional daily paper out of Bridgeport, CT.

Guess the Scarlet Blight doesn't appeal to Fairfield County... which is part of the NY DMA. :rolling:

http://www.rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=149506849&mid=149506849&sid=988&style=2

Mark, that was your first bowl game after several horrid years. This is an Army regular season home game. Its not really comparable. If we wind up in the Yankee bowl this year judge the numbers then...

Mark, that was your first bowl game after several horrid years. This is an Army regular season home game. Its not really comparable. If we wind up in the Yankee bowl this year judge the numbers then...

Ok...we had 40K for our last home game and didn't give away tickets for free.

That's no a fair comparison either then because rutgers fans won't spend a dime in nyc on hotel and food. The pinstripe will cost your fans $100 per while it costs su fans a lot more. you guys don't like apple to apple comparisons do you? if you are nyc's team you'll have almost as many there this weekend as you do at home. obviously you wont because you are giving away freebies to make it look like you traveled the 30 minutes.

Shouldn't be an issue if you were NYC's Team. And yet, here you are, giving away free tickets for a game a train ride away...

The next phase of their marketing campaign is to offer free coats to those fans who take two tickets. Take four and you get two coats..

That's no a fair comparison either then because rutgers fans won't spend a dime in nyc on hotel and food. The pinstripe will cost your fans $100 per while it costs su fans a lot more. you guys don't like apple to apple comparisons do you? if you are nyc's team you'll have almost as many there this weekend as you do at home. obviously you wont because you are giving away freebies to make it look like you traveled the 30 minutes.

And to add on to that, the Rutgers attendance last year at Giants Stadium against Army was 40k. Thats abysmal.

Meanwhile, ND last year at Yankee Stadium against Army sold the place out in 2 minutes.

BTW, have the corrected TV nums come in yet for the Friday night WVU game?

It's a windshield game.

Park your car in New Brunswick and leave 2 tickets for the game on your dashboard.

The next morning, you'll find that someone smashed your windshield ... and left you TWO more tickets. :)

Cuse fans would not have sent half the number we sent to Arizona, Texas, etc.

And lets not talk about freebies when your home SEASON tickets are $99. I pay $55 a ticket and need to donate $2000 for good parking...

And lets not talk about freebies when your home SEASON tickets are $99. I pay $55 a ticket and need to donate $2000 for good parking...

What etc...you basically gave out the list.

What are the MAC bowl tie-ins? I think you'll enjoy Birmingham in December.

i pay about the same as you but give more. so whats your complaint?

What etc...you basically gave out the list.

And their numbers were inflated as all hell. They included tix they didn't even sell but had to eat.

i pay about the same as you but give more. so whats your complaint?

I give more too but thats the minimum to donate for good parking. I have no complaint. Its funny, however, to see you bust Rutgers when your fans don't travel for anything and have super discount season tickets to try and help fill a smaller venue...

I give more too but thats the minimum to donate for good parking. I have no complaint. Its funny, however, to see you bust Rutgers when your fans don't travel for anything and have super discount season tickets to try and help fill a smaller venue...

Well you are giving away free tickets for a home game.

That's because the students pay 50k for an excellent education -- not as much as the guy with two signs in Times Square has in his bucket. Yeah, the "Buy me a beer!" and "Me too!" signs.

What are you talking about? It's an ARMY home game...

LOL. So you admit NYC isn't yours. I didn't mean who the scoreboard would list as home and away. :rolling:

don't travel for anything? compared to rutgiz? are you out of your mind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i6uufEVw7w

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom