Around the Horn - Bomani Jones | Syracusefan.com

Around the Horn - Bomani Jones

Reyes39

2nd String
He "won" so he got his :30 of airtime at the end. Spent it saying the Zone is essentially for wusses. Said if you have to zone then you're essentially saying you can't guard the opposition.

...What?

Must be why I have no clue who this guy is.

He "won" so he got his :30 of airtime at the end. Spent it saying the Zone is essentially for wusses. Said if you have to zone then you're essentially saying you can't guard the opposition.

...What?

So who is he? And why do we care?

So who is he? And why do we care?

Forgot to mention...he made sure to note they were making "The Zone is for Cowards" tshirt in orange. Obvious pop shot.

I saw this too and for pretty much any other team he is probably right. When teams can't guard man they try zone. The difference is that Syracuse's zone is different. It's much more aggressive and causes many more steals. I don't think there's one person who can call the Syracuse zone lazy especially after last night and that's where Bomani Jones is wrong.

He's a tool lol. Blocked my brother on Twitter because Bomani was ranting about something to do with racism in sports and my brother proved him wrong (not saying racism doesn't exist by the way, just saying that Bomani's particular point was wrong, which it was).

My response: SO, find a way to consistently beat it. If you can't, YOU are the wussy. And apparently, we've played a lot of wussies over the years.

Anyone who saw the game last night, who still says the zone is a second-rate defense, well I just don't know what you could say to them to convince them otherwise. Either they can see it, or they never will. Not that zone is the only viable defense. No matter what defense you play, it's only as good as you are at executing it. The zone is a good defense when played well. And right now, SU is playing it very, very well.

Lmao they act like Syracuse doesn't exist. Everyone says Indiana lost instead of giving Syracuse credit. Then they follow up with a segment saying "Of the THREE teams that won last night (Wichita, Ohio State, Marquette), who should get the most love?"

More Bulletin Board material for the team. Keep it coming!

Hahaha

A style of defense that a basketball team plays makes me so mad

They have a pic under product details, I'm gong to assume this is him (even if it probably isn't):

detail,width=560,height=150.png

...What?

By our guards blowing by IUs guards, they were admitting theyb can't guard our guys

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

what a idiot.

The zone has literally twice the double rate of man 2 man especially when the ball comes into the lane, and when you can defend a player one on one like Mike can you can't even get into the lane and are stuck doing nothing. If mike had more strength it would be all over. Imagine if we had the best defenders out there who can play zone on top of the speed and strength to stop dribble penetration, including in the high post.

Some of these guys are blantantly ed. Hes not getting anyone in their right mind to agree with him.Furthermore, the zone can easily get more bad foul calls against it then m2m in big east play and even in past tournaments. They body away from individuals while sliding not into them unlike these precious great 2m2 defenses that push while handchecking overbody, and slide into players while sliding with them instead. And on offense teams are forced to use illegal screens up top against it. Its also a better trapping mechanism and a excuse to go with taller players. And it can let people get into spots with the ball as a trap on purpose while m2m disordily can't.

Can't even begin to state his ignorance. Moron!:crazy:

...What?

He was channeling Igor

...What?

This is nothing new with Jones, he ranted on the zone a couple of years ago.

I'm glad he got it out of his system, unfortunately nobody heard him because the only people who watch ATH are either, at a Happy Hour, in a dorm room, or on a treadmill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom