Art Long in deep doo-doo | Syracusefan.com

Art Long in deep doo-doo

2lv042d.gif

Former Rochester East High star and Cincinnati Bearcat in a lot more trouble than time he (allegedly) punched a police horse. Schmuck. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130826/NEWS01/308260054/Art-Long-NBA-arrested-guns
Long regularly calls into a Rochester sports talk show and runs down JB. He makes all the usual comments, easy schedule, plays only zone, can't win the big one, (lucky to get his NC) etc. I really think he still holds a grudge for not getting recruited by JB

o need to realize some of the criticism is warranted

o need to realize some of the criticism is warranted

The same is true of every coach--there are things you could nit pick about every coach, even the absurdly successful ones.

JB is no different in that regard.

OMG he had a "black rifle"!!! Does NY still have the death penalty??

oooohhhh... I think I look up that clip of Alex Karras hitting the horse in Blazing Saddles! :cool:

Opps...too late! :(

According to some of our ignorant fan base, I thought Syracuse hoop players were the only ones who get in trouble because Boeheim has no control of his team.

The same is true of every coach--there are things you could nit pick about every coach, even the absurdly successful ones.

JB is no different in that regard.
Agreed.

The first time I heard Arts comments, I thought it was igor calling in. (sorry igor, I just had to take the shot. You do make valid points on occasion.) Then I realised that he was just bitter for not getting recruited by JB.

Buttercup!?!?!? Sorry, I needed a movie reference to punching a police horse that skewed a little bit younger.