as a knick fan... | Syracusefan.com

as a knick fan...

newmexicuse

All Conference
a lot of mock drafts have them taking bridges. in the nova games i have seen so far (not too many) he has not impressed me.

edit - he sure is picking it up in the second half.

Last edited:
Wait, this NBA thing is something I start to notice about the second round of the playoffs, right?

Why is anyone paying attention now? It would be like following spring training as a baseball fan.

This is not a great year for the Knicks to have a great pick. They do not need Trae Young. I think they take a foreign player or settle for Bridges. He will be a contributing but not difference making player.

In looking at their likely pick and what I see on mock drafts, I think that Sexton has the most talent among players that could be available. He has the potential to be a dominant player at the next level and among the elite point guards down the road. Bridges has a lot of talent and well rounded game but is not uber athletic and not sure how high his ceiling is. However, with the emergence of Trey Burke, the Knicks need a forward more than a PG. I would go with Wendell Carter at Duke. Only a freshman. Picture him in two years like Bridges and he would be a dominating player...

In looking at their likely pick and what I see on mock drafts, I think that s e xton has the most talent among players that could be available. He has the potential to be a dominant player at the next level and among the elite point guards down the road. Bridges has a lot of talent and well rounded game but is not uber athletic and not sure how high his ceiling is. However, with the emergence of Trey Burke, the Knicks need a forward more than a PG. I would go with Wendell Carter at Duke. Only a freshman. Picture him in two years like Bridges and he would be a dominating player...

Agree the Knicks need a frontcourt player. I think Burke is coming into his own and that there is a great chance he is the answer at PG. If Burke doesn't work out they have two other young players behind him in Ntilikina and Mudiay who might develop as PGs. In view of this I would not like to see them take a PG. I also like Carter a lot for what he is, but the Knicks do not need him as they have Kantor, unless Kantor is not part of their long term plans. Carter plays similar to Kantor, but with a little bit more range. However, his range does not go to the three line. If it did, then it would be different.

Pretty clearly the Knicks need to increase their frontcourt athleticism. If they find a SF starter then Hardaway can be moved back to 2G.

There is a good chance that Bridges would be available for the knicks. Agree w Newhouser above that Bridges would be a contributor, and also a likely starter, but not a superstar. He would be a solid pick. Haven't seen enough of the other guys who might be available @ #9 to have a preference. But from what i read, Knox might also be a solid pick at that spot. Knicks are overdue for the lottery gods to be kind. Would love to see them move up and snag Bagley.

Looking at the mock drafts this draft is full of PG's and beef. Not a lot of athletic forwards out there after Porter. Bridges is likely the best scorer that will be there and I think Knox may end up the better player down the road. While yes the Knicks do have bodies at the PG position I'm not completely warm and fuzzy about the best of them so far having spent half the season in the G-League. That said I'd pick the best player regardless of position and in my opinion that will be Sexton. There is just something about his game that I think will translate very well to the NBA.

Think they can nab Jay Wright? ;) Not that Hornacek has had a lot to work with

Looking at the mock drafts this draft is full of PG's and beef. Not a lot of athletic forwards out there after Porter. Bridges is likely the best scorer that will be there and I think Knox may end up the better player down the road. While yes the Knicks do have bodies at the PG position I'm not completely warm and fuzzy about the best of them so far having spent half the season in the G-League. That said I'd pick the best player regardless of position and in my opinion that will be s e xton. There is just something about his game that I think will translate very well to the NBA.
I think they have to give Frank the keys and see what he has. I too think Sexton has "it" but I think Frank is going to be good but we need to find out. Sadly I think we need to draft the best 3 on the board.

Knicks need a SF who can score. They have no true SF. Playing Hardaway Jr at the 3 was a disaster. All the talk is them selecting another PG when they have 3 young ones already. The FO has no idea what they are doing which has been a problem for since 2000.

Knicks need a SF who can score. They have no true SF. Playing Hardaway Jr at the 3 was a disaster. All the talk is them selecting another PG when they have 3 young ones already. The FO has no idea what they are doing which has been a problem for since 2000.
What you say makes perfect sense. Unless you realize (opinion) that there is no sense drafting a small forward that won't be good enough to improve you at that spot. I don't think either of the Bridges will ever be more than role players in the NBA. If they are going to reach I think Knox has the biggest upside. PG and PF are the positions with the most quality depth in this draft. Unfortunately most of the Knicks roster is either a PG or PF. But what do I know? I would love for the Knicks to add Wagner in the 2nd round if he's available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom