As good as I've seen as a freshman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

As good as I've seen as a freshman

Didn't Shafer bench him in the bowl game because he refused to come out? Or was that a different game? Anyway, let's hope another year makes him more mature and gives him better judgement.

I didn't read that as a judgement issue as much as him being fiercely competitive. I love that he wanted to play with his dead arm hanging BUT obviously he needs to listen when the coaches say he can't do it. In his mind, he can do anything.

I didn't read that as a judgement issue as much as him being fiercely competitive. I love that he wanted to play with his dead arm hanging BUT obviously he needs to listen when the coaches say he can't do it. In his mind, he can do anything.

Which is what I love about him. It's nice to have a guy at a skill position overflowing with confidence. I know it was just the spring game, but AB looked awfully good! I think we could see some real big games out of him this season.

This is interesting. Who was it the other day that said Ishmael was far and away the most impressive frosh to him? And then he mentioned Zaire later in the article.

Also like the shoutout to Rodney Williams. Aside from Naes Howard, he might be the most undervalued player in the class because he got his offer on a camp visit and might not have had another offer, but I'm not 100% on that.
Cam Lynch said that about Ishmael.

Brisly has the speed... just needs to really turn it on catching the ball and after the catch... http://www.chatsports.com/syracuse-...ntly-faster-than-he-was-last-season-0-9609739

Oh I never doubted the speed, but guys like Dri Archer and Deanthony Thomas have that speed to. What set D-Jax, Cooks and Austin apart was otherworldly playmaking ability and insane on-field production. I very much doubt Estime can reach their heights of Belitnikoff award Winner (Cooks) and 288 college receptions (215 his final 2 years) to go with 4500 yards from scrimmage with 35 TDs and 2800 KR/PR yards and 5 more TDs like Tavon Austin.

But like I said, if he does it's going to be a very very fun three more years for us getting to watch him.

I get the feeling these are words coach might regret later.
Why do you get the feeling? Is it because the scouting services only gave him 3 stars ? He can't really be that good right?

anglerman said:
Why do you get the feeling? Is it because the scouting services only gave him 3 stars ? He can't really be that good right?
Nope. Because it puts an unnecessary spotlight and pressure on the kid.

anglerman said:

You're going to look a fool some day. Not all of these kids are going to be studs.

You're going to look a fool some day. Not all of these kids are going to be studs.
No ones right all the time Bees. However you trashed me when I said that Tyler Ennis was one and done after the Canada trip. I think Custis is an absolute stud. We will see how it turns out over the next 4 or so years.

anglerman said:
No ones right all the time Bees. However you trashed me when I said that Tyler Ennis was one and done after the Canada trip. I think Custis is an absolute stud. We will see how it turns out over the next 4 or so years.

You sat everyone is great and mock the fan base whenever anyone questions any player. Of course you're going to be right sometimes.

You sat everyone is great and mock the fan base whenever anyone questions any player. Of course you're going to be right sometimes.
I didnt mock anyone but I'm pretty sure you're mocking me though. Don't you think?

For the record you and multiple people trashed me for the Tyler Ennis statement I was essentially was told I was an idiot for suggesting something so ridiculous. If I'm wrong I will say so. I happen to think this kid Custis is Mike Williams with 4 inches. I guess we all see. I think he will be an NFL player some day

anglerman said:
For the record you and multiple people trashed me for the Tyler Ennis statement I was essentially was told I was an idiot for suggesting something so ridiculous. If I'm wrong I will say so. I happen to think this kid Custis is Mike Williams with 4 inches. I guess we all see. I think he will be an NFL player some day

A lot of people think custis can play in the NFL someday. What about all the kids you say will be great? So many posts by you calling out anyone that questions a player and telling then they undervalue SU players, they must suck cause their only 2 stars, admonishing people for looking at offers. I think you over value players. So you'll be right sometimes...and wrong sometimes. Just like everyone including coaches. You've also said players that don't pick SU aren't that good.

I think Custis will be a good player in time. I think the immediate studs of this class are Ishmael, Slayton, Franklin, Williams and possibly Denzel Ward.

I think Custis will be a good player in time. I think the immediate studs of this class are Ishmael, Slayton, Franklin, Williams and possibly Denzel Ward.
Denzel Ward? 95% not going to play this year. Also would be surprised to see Slayton play. We're pretty settled at DE right now.

I have no idea about Custis as a player but in the picture posted by Shafer the kid looked like he was a pretty imposing person.

Custis is going to average 6 points a game on the court as a walk-on; oh wait, sorry that is for the other board :)