Asa very young kid I learned to appreciate the "old big band sounds of Goodman and Miller. | Syracusefan.com

Asa very young kid I learned to appreciate the "old big band sounds of Goodman and Miller.

CaliCuse

All American
Of course I watched the Abbott and Costello movies so even the Andrew Sisters were heard and loved. Much of that music still rings true to me as great stuff and only recently did I realize that a ton is available on the U-Tube selection. Of course I will support my grandson's choices wit modern music but I intend to give him the experience of at least hearing some of the past greats in that era. I can't play my trumpet anymore but when I could I played quite a few of the OLDIES that featured the trumpet solos. I had a very good high end range and a sweet tone which came in handy in my high school big band at North Syracuse at times. The old band was named the SophistiCATS . Our music stands had a cat with a top[ hat and walking stick. The unnamed music director was an A-hole who wouldn't let us choose the music we wanted to play because as I found out later he was more interested in shsagging the first clarinet player. I walked into his office one time and saw a very inappropriate situation but this was decades before this stuff would come to mind for anyone my age at that time.When the clarinet player got pregnant that sort of came back to bite his ass.Of course it was AFTER SHE DID THE SAME.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom