Ashton Broyld | Syracusefan.com

Ashton Broyld

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Syracuse commit, Ashton Broyld ran for 68 yards, including 2 TDs in Milford's 40-27 win over Erie CC.

They are now 10-0 on the season

The Full Story

and dominating ... Broyld quietly putting together a very nice campaign at Milford

limited action and has put up big numbers ... when will he arrive on campus?

and dominating ... Broyld quietly putting together a very nice campaign at Milford

limited action and has put up big numbers ... when will he arrive on campus?
Supposedly January

yea they utilized him a ton first few games, and then he has hardly played last couple

smallwood had a nice first game and then has disappeared

yea they utilized him a ton first few games, and then he has hardly played last couple

smallwood had a nice first game and then has disappeared

Broyld was nursing a minor injury for 2-3 weeks.

Broyld should make it here, Smallwood, doubtful.
Interesting. I think I'm still on the side that doesn't think Smallwood would make a big impact if he made it up to SU.

Interesting. I think I'm still on the side that doesn't think Smallwood would make a big impact if he made it up to SU.

I think the speed is important... if he doesn't get here I start playing with the idea of moving one of the speed guys to RB.

So, what position is he going to end up playing at SU?

I want to say QB, if he and Hunt are even close, then I want the added 2o pounds of beef running that show. Option two, HUGE WR. Option three, get Wayne Williams next year and put the finishing touches on the 3-4 personnel with another 325+ DT and use Broyld as the main rush LB.

I want to say QB, if he and Hunt are even close, then I want the added 2o pounds of beef running that show. Option two, HUGE WR. Option three, get Wayne Williams next year and put the finishing touches on the 3-4 personnel with another 325+ DT and use Broyld as the main rush LB.
Option 3 isn't going to happen while Shafer's here.

I am not questioning your sources Bnoro, I just want to know what it is that makes you so sure it will never happen.

He's a 4-3 coordinator. If we ever have personnel that favors a 3-4, what you'll likely see is more Okie but I doubt Shafer will move from the 4-3 as his base.

I am not questioning your sources Bnoro, I just want to know what it is that makes you so sure it will never happen.

I assume it's b/c is a 4-3 guy and didn't exactly take to switching to a different defense at UM

He's a 4-3 coordinator. If we ever have personnel that favors a 3-4, what you'll likely see is more Okie but I doubt Shafer will move from the 4-3 as his base.

Ok, but I think it's semantics. It doesn't have to be the base defense, or if you just want to extend the Okie, then fine... but the point is we seem to be recruiting for a twist moreso than a straight up 4-3. And the only reason ever pumped out there is because of his days in Michigan, when he had a transition to fight through. Now I am not saying it definitely will happen, just that when I look at the recruiting and how much we play out of a non 4-3 formation as it is, I don't know why people would be so sure it won't.

& or attitude?

There was that article about him working hard to put on muscle and such. Can never guess with these kids, but you would think if he had that determination he would be trying to make sure he got to Cuse so he could actually use it. Are we sure that perhaps there isn't a mountain being made out of a molehill? I could see a kid getting into the doldrums when he thinks he should already be in orange, and then has to fight through nagging injuries all year. I mean, he may not be a classic leader, but after being THE guy, to having to share the ball even when healthy, could be very tough.

He's a little above 50% passing. That's more than good enough to succeed at D-1A level with his other skill sets. Please work him as a QB.

While Fisher was out we played a 3-4 just about every passing down. He did not use the Okie. And against WV we used more of a 3-4 with SS's at OLB than his typical Okie look, which has the DEs wide and Chandler at NT. We used plenty of Okie, but a lot of 3-4 or 3-2-5 as well.

I see Broyld as a TE/WR type, not a QB. With his size and speed he could really be a game changer. TE/WR is the need now and in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom